best speakers for my rig. F-50 head, twin 2x12 cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff hetfield

Reaction score
the speakers in my twin 2x12 setup (ss cabs) are celestion g12t70 or something to that effect. definitely 70 (NOT 75's).
the bass is too huge. too scooped.
my f 50 head has the bass around 7 or 8 oclock. barely any at all.
im considering buying two V30's and using them with two of my g12t70s
im new to the world of speakers, as ive had these celestions for 15 years or so. im realizing i need a little more mids and highs.

all advice is appreciated. i wanna make a purchace kinda soon. thanks!! :D

i guess i should add that i play hard rock with metalish moments here and there. i dont want the trademark scooped metal sound. i guess id like to sound like tim sult (clutch) meets james hetfield's load-era tone. gotta have that warmth without mud.

If you are able to play through a few cabs with different speakers locally, then you should try a few out to see if the speakers respond the way you want.

The V30's are known for more mid's and highs and might be what you a looking for. I have an Avatar 2x12 cab with one v30 and one G12H-30. This speaker combination works for me. I play more cleans and classic rock tones.

thanks brewski. i like the idea of using two different types of speakers. i wonder what would compliment the 12m70s i currently have. havent been able to find much literature on the 12m70s, although they seem quite common. and they do sound pretty good, its just i have to keep my bass dial on my amp on practically 0...or 9 oclock or below. seems too bassy.

Latest posts

Back