Best speaker cab for the Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Fever

Reaction score
I originally thought that I would get the Mark IV as a combo, but now I am having second thoughts, hence a couple of questions:

If you had a Mark IV head, which two cabs would you have in your arsenal? (I doubt I would go larger than 2x12...vertical???)

Do you think my VibroKing closed back extension cabinet with 2X12 Eminance in it would sound any good?

Thanks for the input.

I just picked up my second 1x12 thiele loaded w/ the EV 12L speaker and it will go great with my other thiele w/ the C90 in it. The thiele cab is hard to beat w/ the Mark IV. I love them! I had an open back 1x12 cab to go with the thiele, but I just could not get the sound I wanted out of it, whether I used it by itself, or with the thiele, so I sold it.

My vote is a thiele or two. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

I use 1X12 celestion as main sound.
Out of loop to gmajor/ 2.90 than two 2X12 celestions (1 per side stereo fx configuration).
Wall of tone !!! :wink:

Mountain Fever said:
I originally thought that I would get the Mark IV as a combo, but now I am having second thoughts, hence a couple of questions:

If you had a Mark IV head, which two cabs would you have in your arsenal? (I doubt I would go larger than 2x12...vertical???)

Do you think my VibroKing closed back extension cabinet with 2X12 Eminance in it would sound any good?

Thanks for the input.

I've been down that road exactly -- Mark IV Head W/ VK 2x12 Cab. In short, I didn't like it (felt the sound was too loose - for my tastes)......went with a 1x12 Thiele and it was a perfect.

My .02

I don't know about best, that's pretty subjective, but I LOVE my Mark IV head with my 2x12 horizontal recto cab. Nice and tight/punchy

Latest posts

Back