Best sounding 4x12 for mark IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halebox

Reaction score
What has sounded best with a IIC+? I have a mojotone 4X12 with wgs V30 clones and it sounds great as well as my vintage marshall 4x12 w G12-65's. Is there a must have cab with a IIC+? thiele, diamond grill halfback, recto?

halebox said:
What has sounded best with a IIC+? I have a mojotone 4X12 with wgs V30 clones and it sounds great as well as my vintage marshall 4x12 w G12-65's. Is there a must have cab with a IIC+? thiele, diamond grill halfback, recto?

4x12 halfback metal grille (MS-12's up top EV's below or all EV's, or all MS-12's)

2x12 halfback metal grille (MS-12 up top EV below or both EV's, or both MS-12's)

Some like the C-90 in these cabs, I don't, at least not with the C+
But if you like the G12-65's and/ or V30's you might like the C-90's

A must have cab? Don't think so but A Thiele (EV loaded) combined with a 1x12 (with your choice of MS-12 or EV) is a very nice set up.

Or you can mix and match any and or all of the above.

The Mark Series metal grill half-back 4x12, of course! (I never play with less than 4x12 unless I'm in the living room)

I prefer the stock speakers (two C90s and two EV12Ls), but four C90s or similar Celestion branded speakers such as Lead 80s are very nice, too.

Back