Best "Soft Case" for an Amp Head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artiefufkin10

Reaction score
I tried searching the boards to see if there was a recommended "gig bag" style case for my amp head, but didn't find anything.

I understand that a road case offers the best protection, but I wanted something with more padding than the Mesa slip cover without the size and cost of a full blown road case. I'm not in a touring band...I just want something that I could put in my hatchback and not have to worry about the tolex getting dinged up. I saw some on eBay, but I don't know if they're any good.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

If your tolex is getting dinged with a Mesa slip cover over it, maybe you need to take some of the pointy junk out of the trunk of your hatchback?

D2F makes padded slipcovers for anything (http://www.d2fcovers.com), but I'd be more worried about something hitting one of the knobs and damaging a pot. Softcases offer the illusion of protection because you can't see the knobs and switches, but don't really offer much protection from pedalboard or guitar cases slamming into the front or back panel. Roadcases are the best insurance for your amp working everytime you fire it up, and if you buy one, most heads you'll ever own will fit into the same case.

Are the D2F clip covers good though? Like well made, padded, etc?

My amp is in pristine condition and I'm careful to pack it away from other things when I move it..I just want that extra layer of protection for back and forth jam sessions.

Have you tried Studio Slips?

They have a sweet alternative to a flight case called a Clamshell Gigbag.

It's a bit better than D2F in several respects. D2F uses the same cordura type shell, but they use foam instead of actual padding.

StudioSlips allows you to also add double padding and you can add leather bottoms for added durability. Also, the fact that Studio Slips has complete all around protection is a plus.

If you wanna spend 50+ bucks, get a D2F. If you want the best and don't mind spending 100+, get StudioSlips!

J

+1 for Studio Slips

If you are a weekend warrior that packs and unpacks all of your own stuff this is probably what you want. I have one for my f50 and one for my Stiletto as well.

Back