Best Pre-Amp Tubes for my Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Bob

Reaction score
I'm wondering in your experience what are the best pre-amp tubes? I will be running them in my Mesa Tremoverb along with JJ E34L power tubes. I'm not looking for NOS tubes but for the best production tubes.

I've thought about getting the JJ high gain pre set from Eurotubes, but I've got all the gain I need, plus I hear they make the amp very dark. I'm basically looking for the tubes that will really open up my amp.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Instead of the high gain set, get the standard set from Bob at Eurotubes! Don't forget the GZ34 Rectifiers!

Lee Bob said:
I'm wondering in your experience what are the best pre-amp tubes? I will be running them in my Mesa Tremoverb along with JJ E34L power tubes. I'm not looking for NOS tubes but for the best production tubes.

I've thought about getting the JJ high gain pre set from Eurotubes, but I've got all the gain I need, plus I hear they make the amp very dark. I'm basically looking for the tubes that will really open up my amp.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

I personally like Chinese 9th Generation 12ax7a's as far as new production preamp tubes are concerned. A lot of people have been saying good things about the New Sensor/Sovtek Tung Sol 12ax7, but I haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet.

You said that you weren't looking for NOS tubes, but the best preamp tubes that I've ever run in a T-verb were NOS GE 12ax7wa's. Those tubes kill everything else in any of the Mesa Recto amps, but they're heavy on the wallet and will only continue to increase in price as supplies dwindle. I wish someone like Groove Tubes, Magic Parts(Ruby Tubes) or TAD would try to clone the old GE preamp tubes, but they probably wouldn't get it right anyway.

Dale

Latest posts

Back