Best FX w/ Triple Rectifier? What do YOU use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1967

Reaction score
Hi:

Just got a triple rec and the TC Electronics G major sounded like *** through the FX loop because of the parallel configuration (tried all the suggestions from boogie/tc and no luck.)

I'm hoping to add a little bit of FX to the mix--what works best in your opinion with the triple -- pedals or rack units, how about multi-fx boxes? I have no idea what I should do here although I am leaning toward a few floor pedals..

What are triple rec owners here using?

Thanks for your help...

Anthony

:twisted:

I find that time based FX work best in the loop (Reverb and delay), but you'll never get a real "wet" reverb.

I find that modulation FX work best in front of the amp (chorus, flange, tremolo, ect...).

So what I did/do is run an FX processor through the FX loop for delay (my amp already has reverb, but I used it for reverb when I had the triple recto) and I have a pedal board in front of me with: Tremolo, Phase, Chorus, 2 Tubescreamers, and a SD Pickup Booster.

Sounds good that way.

Oh...... as far as FX processors, I've used a POD, Alesis Quadraverb, Behringer V-amp, and a couple of cheap pedals. I found the V-amp is one of the easiest and best sounding if you bypass the preamp.

Have your fx loop modded to serial. Im getting that done on mine right now.

I have a schematic for it as well. Got it from Mesa Boogie.

If you have it done by an authorized mesa tech, it doesn't void the warranty. My little problem is, since i live 2 hours from my mesa tech, he told me to have the mod done up here, since i got the schematic straight from mesa.

I think, if the mod is done according to print, your warranty should be fine. I don't think ME is uber strict on that.

Anthony1967 said:
Hi:

Just got a triple rec and the TC Electronics G major sounded like *** through the FX loop because of the parallel configuration (tried all the suggestions from boogie/tc and no luck.)

I'm hoping to add a little bit of FX to the mix--what works best in your opinion with the triple -- pedals or rack units, how about multi-fx boxes? I have no idea what I should do here although I am leaning toward a few floor pedals..

What are triple rec owners here using?

Thanks for your help...

Anthony

:twisted:

Do the mod if you want to. The G-major is a great machine especially in series. I imagine a three channels rectifier with a G-system it must be cool!

Good luck.

Back