Best Cab to complement a IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilkNCereal

Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking for cabinet for my IIc+. I'm mostly going to be recording but will occasionally jam with my friends. I'm thinking about a bogner cube or a mesa thiele. I've heard the a electronic voice 12L go really well with the amp. ANy advice would be cool. Oh, and I have a Marshall 1960A with gt12-75s and they're too thin, and have harsh highs.

the bogner cube and mesa thiele are good chocie's...i love the mesa recto 2x12...it's small but BIG..tight and nice..i have a EVM 1x12 200watt which are great..but the back port make's them very middy...

Tom

Heres's what I used back in my "loud" period. The bottom amp is a IIC+. The top amp is a modded MK IIIC+
StereoBoogieRig.jpg

How would you explain the tonal difference between a mark-series amp on bogner cabinet and on mesa cabinet??
Can someone put it in words

This was from an all original group I was in. We played all over the Southwest. I believe this photo was at the Del Mar fair here in San Diego. A lot of the time I used half of this stuff. But whenever possible I used it all. We had a couple of guys that helped with the gear. But we all worked.
It was quite a rig. I miss the sound of it, but not moving it. Standing in front of that rig and hitting a big E chord when it was turned up was quite inspiring.

I've got a 2 x 12 recto cab with celestion v30s I need to get rid of for financial reasons. It sounds incredible.

Back