Best 12" speaker for studio 22 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Which is the best speaker to use with a Mesa studio 22.And get the better sound possible of this combo amp,since sound so boxie with the celestion 90 and want to replace with one that would make it sound huge and with life and also is there a good mod for this amp to improve it..?

I put an Eminence Tonkerlite in mine...that's the neodymium version of their Tonker. I like the tone a lot, although I wonder if it's being colored by the fact that it's a 16 ohm speaker and the impedance between the amp and speaker is therefore mismatched. Anyway, it seems to be working well for me. The top end is very smooth, with a very full midrange.

Send it to Mike Bendinelli and ask him to add a fourth volume pot (kind of a Lead Drive gain limit) at the back of the chassis which will allow you to have separate controls of volume and gain for the lead channel and the clean channel.

The original speaker is the Eminence 50 but I have the Celestion 90.

I put a Greenback in mine and it was a VAST improvement over the Black Shadow factory speaker.

The MS-12 is a wonderful speaker but it handles 150 watt. Taking into account that the Studio puts only 22 watt, isn't it too much speaker for this amp?
Sorry for my ignorance.
daniel

Back