Bendinelli Custom Amp just finished...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funk49

Reaction score
This was posted to another forum and my apologies if this isn't the correct place for this post, but I figured since it was a Bendinelli custom built amp...no better place for it than the pre-91 forums as most here know the IIC+.

So here's the story:

About 9 months ago I decided to take the plunge and get the kit for a Metroamp (Marshall Plexi Clone), based on the 12xxx series (EVH specific era) list that George M. recommended. Around that time, I had been casually talking to Mike Bendinelli, the chief tech and first employee of Mesa Boogie...who incidently is also the creator of the C+ circuit which was and still is groundbreaking.

On a whim, Mike offered to build the amp for me and to do some mods to it, to have a little fun and see what we could do with it. The plan was to add a switchable gain stage, MV and effects loop that would all be switchable so I could go back to the raw plexi circuit when desired.

The goal was to get the basic build and then fly up to Boogie's factory where Mike would tweak the circuit for me on the fly, to get it just right. Unfortunately, things happened like my wife giving birth early that prevented me from being able to get up there. We decided to just go with it stock and then I'll bring it up there to tweak in a month or so. On the outset, the wait was much longer than I normally would have endured had but to have an amp built by someone with this much experience and recognition, I just couldn't pass it up.

Well, Mike was driving through LA on a roadtrip this weekend so we decided to meet up and I picked up the amp yesterday. Plugged my Rossington into it and dimed it...I almost needed a new set of shorts after the first 5 seconds. Can't believe the tone in this monster! Crisp tight highs, nice brown mids...this amp has it ALL. This is sonically one of the most amazing amps I've ever heard. And....from what I've been told, it was quite a hit at Boogie as well. Mike thought it was scary with just 2 tubes in it. Simply unreal!

And the best part...I ordered the cab in PURPLE. I will be uploading shots soon. The sad thing is that most of the people on the other forum don't really get the "upside" to having a custom built amp by MB. Oh well, **** em...

So here are some new pics. After having this amp a few days, it truely sounds like HELL ON WHEELS. The head is the purple SL on the bottom. This amp is seriously giving my '67 50W a run for it's money.

pict00240jy.jpg

pict00250ps.jpg

pict00263gl.jpg

pict0033new0rj.jpg

--Cheers

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've got a Soldano Lucky 13 that I shoved into an empty Rectoverb Combo cab with a Mojotone speaker.

I've got to admit that after a few choice mods, this is definitely one of the best amps that I've ever played. My DC-5 is incredible too though and cost me a fraction of the price.

Latest posts

Back