Beam Blockers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6L6C

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering some Beam Blockers anyone use them or have any thoughts?

I’ll probably do it anyway, cheap enough experiment. But curios if anyone is currently using them. :?
For a Mark IV combo with a vintage 30 but really applies to any speaker combination that involves an open back cabinet

Might be a good thing if you only have one cab. You could probably tape some small pie plates or something to the grill to see if it makes much of a difference before buying anything. I would think you'd get a similar effect.

It looks like that would go over some of the better mic'ing spots, though.

I'd go for the Flapjacks....cheaper, and easily removable for micing, as the beamblockers basically kill all good micing positions. I use them with good results!

http://www.soundeflect.com/productInfo.htm

I used them in my 4/12 but recently took them out ...sounded great but i believe i lost some of the thump from the speakers so i removed them.

give em a try and post your results cause I will probably put mine back in again later :roll:

Latest posts

Back