BBE Sonic Maximizer Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the ex bass player for my band had a BBE sonic maximiser and swore by it... he said it was the best thing he's ever found for recording guitar and I guess thickening up the sound. of course he was using it with a line 6 pod 2.0 . personally i've never tried it, so i cant say one thing or another. you should check out the pedal in guitar center with a DR and see if you like it, if not, you should check out some different outboard EQ's

I like my 882i, I think it adds a little flavor. I run my in the fx loop of my dual rect, but mine is modded from parallel to series (not just for the 882i, though). And there are tons of Boogie artists who use them. I think it adds a lot in the clean. And yes you could dick around with an eq and probably get pretty close to the results of a Maximizer....but isn't two almost limitless knobs SOO much easier!?

You can hear it on my band's site....but it's not a side by side with and w/o the bbe, but I only used the bbe, my dual rect, and a jimi hendrix wah....

www.onemoreaugust.com www.myspace.com/onemoreaugust

But as said before, try it for yourself. I bought mine new on ebay and saved 80-90 bones.

I own one of the Aphex Aural Exciters with the
"Big Bottom" circuit in it. Its the pedal version.
I havent found a use for it from what I can see--
It didnt do much in my Triple--but I hesitate to
get rid of it because I think I might be able to
use it one day--for recording or if I ever need
to use another amp like a Marshall or something--
Im with pretty much with everyone else in saying
that the presence and gain in the Recto's are such
that you really dont need it in this particular amp.
If you ask me its like turning the presence knob
back and forth--

I have one in my rack. I think it sounds good with the stuff I have but thats just me I guess.

Latest posts

Back