Balancing scooped EQ volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arvee72

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I use the EQ on CH 3 for metal rhythm (pretty much typical scooped V). Trouble is, when I want some mids back for leads, the volume goes through the roof when I disengage the EQ on the same channel. So I tried using Solo to balance the EQ vs. Non-EQ Ch 3 patches by goosing Solo until EQ matches the non-EQ patch in level (I'm using an RJM RG16 to set patches), but that eliminates the Solo function for solos! :roll:

Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

If you lay back on how deep you scoop you can use the same EQ settings for rhythm and lead... just kick on the solo for a volume boost.

arvee72 said:
Hey folks,

I use the EQ on CH 3 for metal rhythm (pretty much typical scooped V). Trouble is, when I want some mids back for leads, the volume goes through the roof when I disengage the EQ on the same channel. So I tried using Solo to balance the EQ vs. Non-EQ Ch 3 patches by goosing Solo until EQ matches the non-EQ patch in level (I'm using an RJM RG16 to set patches), but that eliminates the Solo function for solos! :roll:

Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

If you are using turing off the SOLO button for solos to balance the volume then why do you need the SOLO button for an additional solo purpose?

In any event, you can try sliding your entire EQ up together.

Back