Bad a**!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mind the Nomads. I have a few friends with nomads.
I like the channel 2 on the Nomad 55 I played, but the channel 3 was just not defined enough for me. It just seemed to loose.

Never met a Boogie I didn't like. Have a Mark IV & a Road King.
EdzzRoadKing.jpg

BOOGIE666 said:
I'd take a mark IV or mark III over one any day of the week.

+1.

However, The nomads do have their uses.

What do you guys think of the claim that a Nomad is simply a lower-powered Mark IV?

Terrorizer said:
The Nomad series is bad ***...
Anybody want to argue?

Thats cool. Why would I want to tell you that you should like something else instead? :?

Thats the cool thing about gear these days... so many choices. You don't have to like what I like, or vice versa. Although, if we jammed sometime, I might think your Nomad is bad ***. And you might think my Tremoverb is bad ***.

Just keep rockin' and don't worry about if other people don't agree...

But I would like to hear what it is that makes that series work for you, care to share?

I like my Nomad 100 212 just fine, thank you. My favorite setting is Channel 2 Modern.

I have always favored the combo format for the ease of portability. But one night, I hooked the Nomad to an old Gallien-Krueger 412 closed back (Cellestion loaded) cabinet that I had in the basement, and switched to Channel 3. HAVE MERCY! I got a high-powered, high-gain response that could challenge any Recto.

With more experimentation, I discovered that effects settings that use a lot of chorus and reverb sound better in the 212 speakers with the open back, while dryer and compressed effects settings sound better in the 412.

To get the best of both worlds, I added a Sound Sculpture PowerSwap to my rig so I could switch between the cabs via midi. A Midi Solutions Event Processor lets me assign a particular speaker setting along with certain effects settings.

Here's one example: I play Led Zeppelin's "Nobody's Fault But Mine." For the swirly parts, I send that setting to the 212. Then for the verses I switch to the 412.

If I had one wish for the Nomad 100, it's that it would have more of an EL84 flavor in Channel 1. I'm thinking about going to a Lonestar Special for that purpose...

jong said:
Terrorizer said:
The Nomad series is bad ***...
Anybody want to argue?

Thats cool. Why would I want to tell you that you should like something else instead? :?

Thats the cool thing about gear these days... so many choices. You don't have to like what I like, or vice versa. Although, if we jammed sometime, I might think your Nomad is bad ***. And you might think my Tremoverb is bad ***.

Just keep rockin' and don't worry about if other people don't agree...

But I would like to hear what it is that makes that series work for you, care to share?
I was'nt serious..
I was mostly try'n to put up some posts to the new board....
To each their own...

I love my Nomad.

This is my third Boogie Guitar amp,(had a 400+ bass amp) and I have loved every one. They have all been different, but great.

They're the only cabinets I'll ever buy as well, bass or guitar.

Latest posts

Back