Background Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolu

Reaction score
Hello,

Could anyone tell me if their Tremoverb is as noisy as a noisy thing in a very quiet room.
I have never used such a noisy amp, I have been using valve (note valve.....not tube!!) for 20 years and have used and owned pretty much every brand from off the shelf to boutique you care to mention but have never found an amp as noisy as mine.
I have just replaced the pre-amp and rectifier valves with what I know to be good ones but the noise problem did not change.

Any suggestions??

A

The tverb I had hummed a lot too. But you would realize it on VERY low volumes. Regular bedroom daytime volumes, it didn't bother me at all.

The noise is an electronic transformer kind of hum.
Could it something to do with the fact that it is a US amp that I have just imported to the UK? 110v amp on 240v mains (I am using a step down transformer).

I did notice it when it was quiet, it wasn't so noticeable when playing loud, it is VERY noticeable when recording though.

Any ideas?

Evolu said:
The noise is an electronic transformer kind of hum.
Could it something to do with the fact that it is a US amp that I have just imported to the UK? 110v amp on 240v mains (I am using a step down transformer).

I did notice it when it was quiet, it wasn't so noticeable when playing loud, it is VERY noticeable when recording though.

Any ideas?
I would look at quality stepdown transformers. Back when I lived in turkey, I had the same problem with a cheap one. Then I got a bigger/more quality one and it was quiet.

Back