Back in the herd........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
After much amp flipping, mind changing, tone tweaking, pedal demoing and general obsessing, I just picked up a "like new" used LSS (for the third time) and I'm keeping it this time!!!!! :lol: After having a Maverick for some time, I can easily see from where the LSS came. The Mav was a nice amp, but a back-breaker that made my old Twin Reverb feel light. I think it weighed about the same as an old 2x12 Heartbreaker.

Happy to be back in the herd!!!! :wink:

Matt

Yep. I had an LSC head and a two LSS combos. Sold them to finance other toys (Twin Reverbs, HR Deluxe, Egnaters, an Express, DCs, two Riveras, Heartbreakers, a Maverick, a TransAtlantic, a Supersonic 22, yadda yadda. A combination of "the grass is greener", G.A.S., and "the hunt for the ultimate tone" was at work :lol: :roll: . After all was said and done, I kept coming back to the LSS and the LSC. Did A/B tests yesterday and went with the LSS due to its brightness/clarity. The LSC was wonderful for the Fender blackface cleans, but I found the OD channel a bit dark sounding and I really don't need a 100 watts of power. Weight was an issue too. So the LSS is here to stay. Most likely will run it live in tandem with a Monsta-Tone Mini Plexi on an AB box. All bases should be covered this way. Happy trails!

Matt

Back