axess CFX4 channel switcher with a 3ch rect + gsystem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredtheater

Reaction score
im thinking of buying the Cfx4 channel switcher for use with my g-system and dual rect. As the gsystem can only switch between 2 channels the TC electronic website recommended ppl to buy the cfx4. I was just wondering A) is it any good, will it do the job needed through the g-system and B) on the website is says you should pay $50 for a cable ment for the whichever amp your using, is this important? why do you need this special cable?

thanks

i have a CFX4 custom made for my DR 3 channel. i got the special cable as well.

high quality, well built, very reliable. highly recommend anything from axess electronics!

Axess stuff is about the best you can get and Mario's customer service is top notch too.

shredtheater said:
on the website is says you should pay $50 for a cable ment for the whichever amp your using, is this important? why do you need this special cable?thanks
It's strange you brought this up this morning because I have this very subject on mind. My Mk IV has 1/4" jacks on the back to connect to a switcher such as the CFX4, so why spend the additional $50 for a custom cable?

I have the CFX4 that I use with my TripleRec without the special cable - I haven't had a chance to send it back to Mario to get it modded for it. (The new ones come already set up for it, and it's definitely worth it - one plug and you're done.) It's been bulletproof for 6 years, and Mario's great to work with. Highly recommended.

t0aj15 said:
shredtheater said:
on the website is says you should pay $50 for a cable ment for the whichever amp your using, is this important? why do you need this special cable?thanks
It's strange you brought this up this morning because I have this very subject on mind. My Mk IV has 1/4" jacks on the back to connect to a switcher such as the CFX4, so why spend the additional $50 for a custom cable?

Setup speed and simplicity. I use the 1/4" jacks, and I have my system down pretty good, but plugging in one cable would definitely be easier and faster.

thanks for your response guys, i think ill defo be shelling out for the switcher and prob the cable too.

I have a GCX and Ground Control Pro to use with my RKII but am thinking of getting a CFX4 just to do the channel switching and free up the loops on the GCX.

try the RJM Amp Gizmo..... 8 switches instead of 4 and cheaper than the cfx4 and also has a cable specially made for each mesa amp for $50..... can't go wrong with this thing..... alot easier to use than a cfx4 and cheaper.....did i mention it was cheaper??

jdurso said:
try the RJM Amp Gizmo..... .....did i mention it was cheaper??

The CFX4 retails for $165 (with shipping mine was $195), and the Amp Gizmo retails for (about) $299. Either custom cable is $50. The Gizmo look like a nice unit, but it is NOT cheaper than the CFX4.

It also looks like (from reading the manual only) the Gizmo has shared relays like the G-Major for the 1/4 jacks. I'm not sure if that is the same for the DIN jack.

Dom

domct203 said:
jdurso said:
try the RJM Amp Gizmo..... .....did i mention it was cheaper??

The CFX4 retails for $165 (with shipping mine was $195), and the Amp Gizmo retails for (about) $299. Either custom cable is $50. The Gizmo look like a nice unit, but it is NOT cheaper than the CFX4.

It also looks like (from reading the manual only) the Gizmo has shared relays like the G-Major for the 1/4 jacks. I'm not sure if that is the same for the DIN jack.

Dom

Yes (1) CFX4 goes for around 200 shipped but it only has 4 loops......amp gizmo has 8... so to have the cabability of the amp gizmo you need 2 CFX4's which would be around 400 and with the cable 450.... amp gizmo with custom cable is 350...... and yes it shares relays but your not even using those jacks on the amp or the amp gizmo because the cable plugs into the "to amp" output of the amp gizmo into the roadster's footswitch jack...... anyhow i'd rather have 1 unit to control 8 functions rather than 2 units to do the same work.... now maybe if you dont need to control more than 4 functions the cfx4 is the way to go... but for me or any other users needing more than 4 controls the amp gizmo makes more sense

I'm sorry I never saw this thread before, but now that it's been resurrected, here's the quick lowdown:

With an Amp Gizmo, you can safely control a 3ch Recto using four 1/4" cables. The four 1/4" switching jacks are isolated from each other.

If you want to control everything on a Roadster or Road King*, you'll need 8 switches. The only way to safely do this is use our custom cable that plugs into the amp's footswitch jack - no ground issues to worry about.

(* One note: A Road King actually has 9 switch inputs, but the Amp Gizmo has 8 switches, so one has to be left out. On a Series 1, the Amp Gizmo won't switch the Ext Trig function, and on a Series 2, the Amp Gizmo won't control the Tuner Mute).

You can also use the same custom cable to control a 3ch Recto. It'll work the same as using four 1/4" cables. It's just more convenient to have a single cable instead of 4.

I hope this all makes sense! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Latest posts

Back