awesome news

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be cool if you asked them about the MarkIIC+ and why they stopped using it over the years. Ask about mods on amps, etc. We all know they use rectos and diezels and marshalls. What we don't know is how the heck they get those tones out of those amps on record. What kind of post-eq's do they do?

MetalMatt said:
Congrats dude! Man that is going to be fun. Are you going to Metallica HQ?

It's funny the first time I crossed paths with James he was out buying his kids bicycles. I had the hardest time not to scream like a little girl, but I kept my cool. 8) :lol:

well nothing is set in stone.... my buddy is flying back from .... get this, your gonn alaugh... Yngwei's house in miami..... he shot an interview with him this week.... next week he's hanging out with dave mustaine and then the week after that is michaelangelo batio.... yes he has a killer job (inteviewed petrucci a few weeks back too).... anyway i believe he said they were going to the studio theyre recording in right now which is in LA but he said that might change to HQ depending on their schedule.... none the less whether its the bay area or LA, just having the chance to shake their hands will be an honor

Elpelotero said:
It'd be cool if you asked them about the MarkIIC+ and why they stopped using it over the years. Ask about mods on amps, etc. We all know they use rectos and diezels and marshalls. What we don't know is how the heck they get those tones out of those amps on record. What kind of post-eq's do they do?

well my buddy is going to help conduct the interviews with james and kirk and he's asked me for some help on the questions so i'll be sure to throw plenty of gear talk in there (he's a drummer and has no clue about guitar gear).... anyhow i will be taking "notes" on what i see mic'd and just laying around and if i can nab some DR settings be sure i will write it down

jdurso said:
Elpelotero said:

well my buddy is going to help conduct the interviews with james and kirk and he's asked me for some help on the questions so i'll be sure to throw plenty of gear talk in there (he's a drummer and has no clue about guitar gear).... anyhow i will be taking "notes" on what i see mic'd and just laying around and if i can nab some DR settings be sure i will write it down

Drummers! lol. jk.

Feel free to ask us for suggestions on interesting questions to have. We're all nerds for gear here.

Latest posts

Back