awesome news

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
so this is way OT and will probably be moved or deleted but right now i have to tell someone and unfortunately none of my friends want to pickup their phone

so long story short my best friend works for Guitar World (actually 2 of them do.... one films all their videos and the other works with jimmy brown on their tabs).... anyway the friend who films all their videos and conducts the interviews just got a tentative assignment.... METALLICA!!! and if it pans out he's going to take me with him to the studio to help out as a production assistant or whatever excuse he can think of.... anyway hetfield is my main influence and metallica has been and always will be my favorite band..... if this pans out i'll make sure to grab het's recto settings and give the low down of his mesa setup for recording the new album.... even the thought of this coming to fruition has me elated right now

I was scared to click on this thread...I had bad images in my head...pictured seeing something like

I saved a TON of money on my car insurance!

But yeah that is great news. Good luck, and make sure you get a few autographs!

AJ_Newkirk said:
I was scared to click on this thread...I had bad images in my head...pictured seeing something like

I saved a TON of money on my car insurance!

But yeah that is great news. Good luck, and make sure you get a few autographs!

oh by all means i will definitely get autographs.... and take what ever pictures they'll allow me to take..... itd be cool to meet rick ruben too

Sweet JD! I read in Maxim or Blender that the new album is going to be more on the vain of the older albums. It will be interesting to see what amps they are using. Drop a plug for all of us gear heads at the BB!

Koprofag said:
Na, you won't. You'll act proffesional and avoid screaming like a girl when you meet your legend. You will treasure this assignment and respect the integrity of your Master. You won't snag his settings and post it on an internet board. You'll insure future cooperation. :lol:

All of sudden I've been thrown into a world of proffesionalism and I find myself discussing big game hunting (without knowing anything about it) with the very people who created the music software I've been using for ages. It's surreal in a way, but at the same time I love to be part of it. It's an interesting experience, and I share your happiness. It's huge for me atm, but maybe in a couple of years.. it'll only be another day on the job. Hopefully. :)

Good luck!

haha... your probably right.... i probably will be in such shock that i wont say anything..... whatever happens i will make sure i get a picture with them..... i'm really hoping this happens..... the one thing i would love is just to chug a few power chords on james' rig (wishful thinking)

sick man, im so happy for you hetfield always seemed like a chill guy. i sometimes wonder how good of a guitarist kirk really is especially seeing some videos of him but other then that i love metallica ... id def be interested to see what kinda amps their recording with and how their music will be progressing, hopefully for the better :lol: pick me up an autograph if you can and have fun dude

nitrous2400 said:
sick man, im so happy for you hetfield always seemed like a chill guy. i sometimes wonder how good of a guitarist kirk really is especially seeing some videos of him but other then that i love metallica ... id def be interested to see what kinda amps their recording with and how their music will be progressing, hopefully for the better :lol: pick me up an autograph if you can and have fun dude

yeah kirk is sometimes questionable live as far as his playing..... as far as amps, ive heard that hetfield has actually added a krank to his line up.... and ive heard kirk has used his new randalls for some tracks.... it'd be interesting how many of those amps you see in the pictures at HQ are actually used

Holy crap!! Thats amazing man! Being a HUGE (understatement) Metallica fan myself, that would be a dream come true!! Ah it was just 12 years ago that I remember buying my first guitar so I could be just like James!

Congrats dude! Man that is going to be fun. Are you going to Metallica HQ?

It's funny the first time I crossed paths with James he was out buying his kids bicycles. I had the hardest time not to scream like a little girl, but I kept my cool. 8) :lol:

edgarallanpoe said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :eek: :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

psssst.... S.......W......E......E......T

Unless you want him to perspire. LOL!!!!!!

Uhm,

Yeah

That!

I bet you 99% of the people here would not have caught that.

SO Thanks for pointing it out I guess ;)

thats pretty sweet man. I hope it all works out for you.

I would just die if I had the chance to go and see one of my favorite bands work in the studio or whatever the case was. So Im happy for you and I hope it all works out!

That sounds very cool- I hope it works out for you! Now, you'd be an idiot to act like a fan-boy while "on assignment", however, you'd also be an idiot if you *didn't* make some gear observations if that opportunity presented itself. One can learn a lot by listening and watching.

Keep us posted-

Laskyman

3 cheers for Jon!!!!
Oh my god, you get to meet one of my favorite bands of all time!
I cant believe it!
Hope you enjoy you assignment!

Dude, I'm stoked for ya. Metallica is what got me here... (Here being madly in love with music and blowing all my money on things such as amps/guitars, and other things that make me sound louder). Take plenty of pics and note all gear as possible! Rock on brotha man!

Uhm,

Yeah

That!

I bet you 99% of the people here would not have caught that.

SO Thanks for pointing it out I guess

LOL!! I know. I can't help the fact that I am a teacher. LOL!!! I also thought it was pretty funny because I had no idea what you were trying to say. I thought "sweat" was some type of new internet word that I was unaware of. HA!!!!

Latest posts

Back