The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 212 with Hellatone 30's. Sounds excellent !! The build quality is great. I built a 212 cab with Vintage 30's for my son, and it actually cost about the same.

Good Luck

mike

gtrrig1uu4.jpg

love mine.

solid.

i put a Heritage G12H-55 in mine, perfect for what i do.

closed back, vintage, it's light weight and has a nice tone at low volume, better at high volume.

Great cabs for the money. Bottom cab is a closed back 2 X Hellatone 60, top cab is an open back with 2 X Mesa C90.
I think they will sound great with my MKV when it comes in.

Then I'll just leave the Roadster on the 4X12 where it belongs :twisted:

road1.jpg

Dom

Thanks guys! I am tossing around the idea of getting an Avatar cab, either a 2x12 or 4x12 with Greenbacks. I currently have a Mesa 4x12 with V 30's hooked up to the Roadster. Trying to add a nice doom/stoner/sludge/drone sound to my palette, so the idea of breaking up some Greenbacks came to mind.

I bought a traditional cab off ebay. Local Pickup for $225. :shock: Loaded w/V30's.
Excellent cab. Sturdy!

:) I have a 4x12 (carpet covered, steel mesh grill) that I purchased around 2001. I loaded it with Jensen Mod 35 speakers. Sounds great, has held up well.

ty

I just bought my second avatar cab. I bought one back in 2003 or 2004 can't remember. It was one of the older ones that was slightly smaller and had the carpet with the metal grill. It came with Eminence speakers. It was a good sounding cab and the durability was very good. My second cab from them is a Vintage cab, black tolex, black grillcloth with 2 Hellatone 60's and 2 G12K100's. Once again the quality is great. I think Avatar cabs are the best deal around for cabs. They are built better and sound better than any other cab in their price range. They have great customer service.

can't speak for the guitar cabs, but I had a B210 Neo bass cab and it was a VERY good sounding cab, especially for the size. It was also surprisingly lite.

I have owned and used avatar trad 1x12s, 2x12s, and 4x12s. They are definitely not as good as Mesa or Orange cabs but they are just as good as Marshalls (which the old Trad cabs basically were.)

Unless there is a specific colour combination you gotta have I don't think they're worth buying new now that they're a bit more expensive. Hard to beat as a used buy. Buying a new cab is pretty silly if you are on any kind of budget.

If you are really stuck on buying a new cab look around your local musicians' classifieds, there's a LOT of people handbuilding basic cabs these days and that's all Avatars are, there's nothing special about the designs.

Latest posts

Back