• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Auction for 2 EVM 12L's in Calif

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm local and could get them.

you think they are a good deal?

i wonder what they would sound like in a 2x12 recto cab...if i pulled the 30's out of it....or in the 4x12 if i swapped out 2 of the speakers...

Currently $100, a smoking deal for these speakers. A 2-12 with these will crush any 4-12 Celestion box you care to put up against it like a tiny little insect. If they were anywhere near me I would stay in to about $275 for the pair. Good luck.

I've been thinking about putting a EV in my recto 2x12 and seeing how it sounded, I think children within a 2 mile radius would experience ear bleeding, and some small animals may explode :twisted:
If I was local I would be in for at least $250, but I have a feeling they'll go lower than that with local only.

mightywarlock said:
so i'm taking it, you think i should get them eh

8)

Absolutely. I just paid 135 for ONE. It was NOS and you could tell it had never been mounted. Really added another dimension to my Mark-IIB. IMO, the Mark series + EVM IS the "Boogie" tone.

SixVeeSix said:
Currently $100, a smoking deal for these speakers. A 2-12 with these will crush any 4-12 Celestion box you care to put up against it like a tiny little insect. If they were anywhere near me I would stay in to about $275 for the pair. Good luck.

haha. It will "crush" a 4x12? haha :roll:

I think the auction will end around $200+

Bridge collapse linked to guitarist "Psychodave"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Fi1VcbpAI&mode=related&search=

psychodave said:
SixVeeSix said:

Yes, a 4-12 with Celestions (full quote please) will sound quite feeble next to a 2-12 loaded with the EV's. Try it and see. Plus, long after the crappy Celestions have fatigued and been replaced the EVs will continue to crush cab after cab. Been there, done that, got the hearing damage to prove it :D :) :(

And $200 would be a great deal, it could happen!

how do you think these would sound in a 4x12 with 30's?
2/2 crisscrossed in a recto standard cab?

or in a marshall cab with g12-75's?

oh and by the way, is anyone on here in competition with me on these speakers?

cause i was going to get them and pick them up tonight if possible.

:twisted:

SixVeeSix said:
psychodave said:
SixVeeSix said:

Yes, a 4-12 with Celestions (full quote please) will sound quite feeble next to a 2-12 loaded with the EV's. Try it and see. Plus, long after the crappy Celestions have fatigued and been replaced the EVs will continue to crush cab after cab. Been there, done that, got the hearing damage to prove it :D :) :(

Not arguing, but I respectfully disagree. I have plenty of cabinets and loaded with EVM's as well as Celestions. No way will a 2x12 loaded with a pair of EVM 12L's crush a 4x12 loaded with Celestions. I tried this with my Mesa 1/2 back 2x12. I changed out the top MC-90 for another EVM12L. Sure it sounded great, but my cab loaded with 4 MC-90's still sounded bigger (disappointed, I changed the 2x12 back). You can't beat the push you get with 4 speakers. The same holds true about a quad of greenback 25's vs a pair of EVM 12L's. I thought the 4x12 had more oomph and throw than the pair of EVM's. I live for speakers... if I felt this was true, I would sell off a lot of stuff :wink:

oh and since those speakers are both 8ohm's supposedly, would that mean if i pulled the v30's out of my 2x12, the cab would now be a 4ohm cab?

psychodave said:
SixVeeSix said:
psychodave said:

Not arguing, but I respectfully disagree. I have plenty of cabinets and loaded with EVM's as well as Celestions. No way will a 2x12 loaded with a pair of EVM 12L's crush a 4x12 loaded with Celestions. I tried this with my Mesa 1/2 back 2x12. I changed out the top MC-90 for another EVM12L. Sure it sounded great, but my cab loaded with 4 MC-90's still sounded bigger (disappointed, I changed the 2x12 back). You can't beat the push you get with 4 speakers. The same holds true about a quad of greenback 25's vs a pair of EVM 12L's. I thought the 4x12 had more oomph and throw than the pair of EVM's. I live for speakers... if I felt this was true, I would sell off a lot of stuff :wink:

As you wish, for my purposes a 4-12 Celestion box makes good ballast. I wish I had never bothered with replacing fatigued Celestions, they have not thrived under my hand and the bass is too murky/flubby to please me. Plus the mids are not voiced to my guitars (335 w EMG HB/81 and Tele w EMG SA/H). These days, one good 12 miked into the PA seems to be plenty and my ears and spine thank me every time. I don't use EVs anymore either, like the voicing of the JBL G-125 and the Peavey Scorpion Ultra (believe it, GREAT speaker) better. We are all here to share the joy of playing guitars - Rock On my friend!! :D :D :D

so get this.

the guy emails me and tells me the winning bidder backed out and wanted to know if i wanted them.

I offered $200 for them and told him i could get them tonight.

we'll see what he says...

$225 seems very reasonable for NOS EVM 12Ls. You can't get that stuff no more! Hope you grabbed em, $25 is a drop in the bucket.

Latest posts

Back