attn: nitrobattery

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark4

Reaction score
hey i loved you metallica clips! just wondering what your settings were for the MOP clips? do you need the 4x12 cab to get that sound i just have the combo? thanks

Mark4 said:
hey i loved you metallica clips! just wondering what your settings were for the MOP clips? do you need the 4x12 cab to get that sound i just have the combo? thanks

Thanks man. The setup I used for that recording (if I remember correctly) was an '85 Gibson explorer (the same model that James Hetfield used to use) into my Mark IV which feeds my Mesa recto 4x12. I stuck a Shure sm57 on the cab and that was it. My heavy rhythm sounds were something like:

Lead channel

Full power, harmonics, simul, and pentode

Lead gain 8 (pulled out)
Lead drive 8 (pulled out)
Presence 6 (pulled out)
mids 10
bass 3
treble 7

I’ve found that I have better luck keeping the bass down on the amp and boosting it with the graphic EQ rather than the other way around. I also boost the mids with the amp's EQ controls, and then scoop out the certain frequencies that I don't want with the graphic EQ as well. I think I had my graphic EQ set around here.

IMAG0044.jpg

for the lead clips, it was more like this...

IMAG0007.jpg

Hope that helps

thanks for the settings i might have to invest in a 2X12 cab for the combo to get that heavier sound! by any chance do you no what your lead master volume is at since you dont have any knobs on them cause i notice your output level is at about 5 that must be loud? thanks

lol, yeah I didn't have knobs then. I bought the amp on eBay and the seller sent it USPS (bad idea). By the time I got it the master volume pots were broken off. I took those pics right after I got the amp back from being fixed before I bought new knobs.

I don't remember how loud I had it for those clips. I tend to record at night, so it wasn't anything absurdly loud.

Back