At my wits end!!! (Triple Rec help PLEASE)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So maybe Ive fucked myself by having my rig connected wrong??

If this was the case and my head was damaged from a mismatched ohmage (is that a word), what would the symptoms be? Would it trip the fuse? (which is something that Ive never done)

Man, I hate sitting here at work when all I wanna do is troubleshoot my amp. DAMNIT I hope I didnt screw myself.

thinkdontpray said:
Hmm, well I was originally running just one cord but found that I was only hearing two speakers work. I assumed that it was a stereo cab and needed two cables. I assumed wrong?

If you plug into the jack labeled "IN 8 OHMS" (bottom right from behind cab) you should hear all 4 speakers, if not there could be something wrong with the jack. If you plug into one of the jacks on the left labeled "split for stereo or bi-amp" you will only hear two speakers per jack (I think the top jack is the left side pair).
plate.jpg

thinkdontpray said:
So maybe Ive f%&# myself by having my rig connected wrong??

If this was the case and my head was damaged from a mismatched ohmage (is that a word), what would the symptoms be? Would it trip the fuse? (which is something that Ive never done)

The fuse will most likely not trip, it takes more of a short or over-current to blow the fuse. I'm no expert, so I can not say exactly what it may do to the components in the amp. I'm sure others can help more with the troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Dom

lailer75 said:
SixVeeSix said:
thinkdontpray said:
Also, I should clean my inputs, but whats this about draining the power supply capacitors?

The power supply caps store electrical power, they can shock you causing severe distress, death and everyone else will be able to see your skeleton. :D :twisted: :lol: Wearing shoes, take a screw driver or a test lead with two clips on it and connect to bare metal on the chassis first, then touch the terminals of the capacitor. This will drain all the stored potential to ground. That way if you accidently touch the wrong thing while cleaning your jacks, you won't get thrown across the room with your hair smoking!

i think i read that you can disconnect the power and turn the power on take off standby with a load and it will drain the caps
I think this may be an "old wives tale" and if it is, it is a dangerous one. It is not difficult to drain the capacitors, will not harm the amp and keeps everybody safe. That's what we like. :!:

Back