As a result of your input, I've joined the club...IT'S HERE!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dank

Reaction score
Since I do not have the beniefit of trying a Mark V locally, I posted a thread about the Mark V and its appropriateness for Classic Rock. I was apprehensive about ordering one without trying it first. However, your responses were great.

I ordered it today, and it will be delivered in two days. This is my third Mesa Boogie; the third time's the charm!

Dan

UPDATE: Arrived on Thursday. Comments below.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am waiting for my mark V head and can wait to play it... have fun with it :D

Another congrats man! Somewhere in that second channel, I am certain that you,ll find several great classic rock tones to suit ya. Probaly in the edge or crunch modes.

And you,re getting it in 2 days too! Do you mind me asking if you ordered a head, or combo, and maybe where you ordered it from? Thanks!

Congrats bud! As a fellow board member and Philadelphian, I cordially invite you over to compare it to my Boogies. No question that I would love to hear it.

Where did you order it from to receive it so quickly?

Gentleman, it is simply the power of the internet. I entered "mesa boogie mark v stock" into Google. On the third page, I found a listing for A Plus Guitars in West Virginia. The owner, George, told me he was expecting one any day. He called me back two hours later to tell me that it had come in. He opened the box only enough to slip the receipt in, and he shipped it right back out. $2,099. plus $30 for shipping. No Tax. Two-day delivery. Great man to deal with-no nonsense. I can't complain. :D

dank said:
Gentleman, it is simply the power of the internet. I entered "mesa boogie mark v stock" into Google. On the third page, I found a listing for A Plus Guitars in West Virginia. The owner, George, told me he was expecting one any day. He called me back two hours later to tell me that it had come in. He opened the box only enough to slip the receipt in, and he shipped it right back out. $2,099. plus $30 for shipping. No Tax. Two-day delivery. Great man to deal with-no nonsense. I can't complain. :D
It is meant to be!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

dank said:

If that was a head I would have hunted you down and, well, called you several names! :x

Yes, it came yesterday...all 81lbs. of it! It took a little bit of maneuvering to get the footswitch out of the back (of a 1x12 combo). I certainly will carry that separately in the future. Having had Boogies before, I was able to create three settings-clean, slight breakup and strong overdrive-instantly. I read the manual in bed (until my eyelids started to droop)-it's straightforward, and I plan to tweak this weekend.

I'll tell you this: I have been playing guitar for over forty years. During that time, I have owned dozens of amps. In the past six years or so, I have gone with boutiques-Victoria (3), Fargen (3), Carr, Valvetech, Dr. Z, Pierson and the like. It is clear that the Mark V will be a tremendous workhorse for stage use that will yield totally useable tones. The only music I cannot speak to is shred/metal, as I have no interest in that; otherwise, you will find this amp very inspiring. As to the naysayers, you may find a better amp to your liking, but no amp is going to compensate for mediocre talent.

Back