Artists using/used Mark III's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to add Faith No More - Angel Dust was recorded with a Mark III....as I just found out

Do you guys know which Mark III trey used? I'm a huge fan of his tone and know quite a bit about it, but I've never heard anything about which version he uses.

groovetuber said:
Do you guys know which Mark III trey used? I'm a huge fan of his tone and know quite a bit about it, but I've never heard anything about which version he uses.

I would also like to know this...

Not sure which stripe Mark III Sykes used only that it was Coliseums slaved into power amps.

Also, Allan Holdsworth used a slaved Mark III on the Secrets album as well as the Quad preamp and other stuff.

Didn't David Gilmore use one during the "Momentary Lapse of Reason" & "THe Division Bell" albums/tours?

Was the legendary Comfortably Numb solo in Pulse live played through a Mark III?

that is a awsome solo....one of my favorite guitarist..

but i think that may have been a hiwatt..i don't know why...it could have very much been his mk iii rig...

For all you holy members, stryper were big on the Mark III's, from what i remember they slammed the front with a EQ of some sort.

siggy14 said:
For all you holy members, stryper were big on the Mark III's, from what i remember they slammed the front with a EQ of some sort.

-Actually, I believe Styper used a Mark IIC boosted in front with a Furman PQ-3 parametric eq. I think Michael Sweet used a Marshall and Oz Fox used the Boogie.

Whammyless said:
siggy14 said:

-Actually, I believe Styper used a Mark IIC boosted in front with a Furman PQ-3 parametric eq. I think Michael Sweet used a Marshall and Oz Fox used the Boogie.
interesting talk more about stryper sound :D

I remember reading somewhere, i believe the jackson charvel forum, that there was an interview with them in a guitar world or something, and I am pretty sure it was a Mark III boosted with a very hot EQ that slammed the hell out of the front.

mxr2000 said:
Whammyless said:
siggy14 said:

interesting talk more about stryper sound :D

Back