Are Mesa V30's somehow different?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't sell me cheap stuff for the regular price... I did the logical thing and bought Mesa ;)

I think abour 2005 they changed over to normal V30's, largly in part to people started using other companies cabs, mostly the orange cabs because they wanted morme mid range.

But now I would much rather have a stiletto cab/recto traditional with either the 70 or 60 watt celestions.

53crew said:
when did Mesa stop using their 70w special V30?

Also, what would most of you say is the sound difference is between the previous 70w version and the standard 60w V30 they are using now? (For example, comparing a new stiletto cab w/ 60w V30's and an older Mesa Traditional (Stiletto) with 70w V30's)

Thanks.

I bought a new straight standard rec cab in early 2007, it's 280 watts, it took 3 months to build, but the pricelist said 240. I have a slant rec cab 280 watts from 2004, it doesn't sound as big as the straight, but they sound great together stacked up!

I just went to check my single V30 I bought to put in my single 12" Hughes and Kettner 20th anniversery edition .
I remember how "shocked" I was when I opened the box to find
a very tiny white sticker ON the side of the magnet with assembled
in CHina . Talk about sticker shock =/ . I had no idea celestion would
do that . I will tell you that when the sticker is taken off you cannot tell
where it was made , I would guess the serial number would be the only way . The celestion sticker on the back sure does say Ipswich , England
but in no way does it say Made in U/K or china " any longer ".
It's hard for me to tell much about the sound as it takes a while for a speaker to " break in " , then I would have to A/B them in the same cab .
It is the same for my G12M that I bought , it also had the tiny china sticker on the side of the plastic " greenback " it is still there . My reissue G12Hs the 30 watt greenback with the 55hz cones came in boxes saying made in U/k or England . To open the 4X12 sealed cab to look is more than I will go through . I always wondered what the Jimi Hendrix 4x12C greenbacks on the marshall reissue, I would think C= China . Despite marshalls claim they are the exact replica of the 1960s version he used .
I am sure the response would be , exact replica assembled elsewhere ?

I hope that helps some .

fjs1962 said:
I just got a custom order Lonestar Classic 212 recently that i ordered with V30s. I can verify, the stickers on them say "Made in UK".

Yeah, I called Mesa today. They said they are still using their special UK-made V30's and haven't changed. They said if I order a cab today it would have the same speakers as one built several years ago.

Latest posts

Back