Are DC's becoming rare?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

espexp

Reaction score
As a proud owner of a DC5 head for 10 years I was wondering if there isn't that many DC's left. I've seen far more topics concerning DC's in the past.
But now they are few and far between. DC's are the most underrated amp Mesa ever built IMHO Wheres the love for DC's :lol:

dc's are great amps. but I think that they get pushed to the back burner with the ever increasing popularity of the mark series, the lone star, the rectos, the f series, and the stilettos. its not that we don't love the dc, its just that mesa makes so many absolutely awesome amps. compared to say genz benz, or other custom amp companies that make 1 or 2 amps.

espexp said:
As a proud owner of a DC5 head for 10 years I was wondering if there isn't that many DC's left. I've seen far more topics concerning DC's in the past.
But now they are few and far between. DC's are the most underrated amp Mesa ever built IMHO Wheres the love for DC's :lol:
True, Kinda cool having two independent channel each having their own set of tone controls. And very easy and fun to use.

Alot of guitarists gets the impression just because upgraded amp so-so is so called "updated" replacement and has more features, its a better sounding amp. The new upgrade model may have more features, more ability to get different sounds yet the discountinued model is ease to use, easier to get the tone you are after and why would you need all the extras the upgrade or model has if you are happy with your current amp?

I guess if you are buying a new amp you would get the update replacement.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the DC being easier to dial in your tone. These amps are super sensative. Also one of the main selling points for the F-series was that it had a steamlined easy to use design.

espexp said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you about the DC being easier to dial in your tone. These amps are super sensative. Also one of the main selling points for the F-series was that it had a steamlined easy to use design.
I meant to say, compare DC with of a Mark IV or Dual Rectifier series (whether its Dual, Trem-o-Verb, Tri etc ...), trying to dial in a tone, now from the start, if you are not familiar with its tone control structure then you could literally dial an unpleasant tone.

Yes, the Dual Caliber are sensitive as well most Boogies compared to other amps but Dual Caliber aren't the hardest to dial in.

I loved my DC-5...in fact I'm looking to replace it with another DC-5 or DC-10...

Back