Anyone using the ED 1x12 Cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guywithboogie

Reaction score
I see a few posts about which cabs are best with the ED, but is anyone using the matching ED cab?
If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I'm looking for a nice thick organic sounding cab, but also need the power handling to run in 90 watt mode at a fair volume.

I'm using an Express 1x12 cab which is the same thing, but with the different front grill.

It works very well for me. Has more bass than I need. Given that it is open back, the bass can get a little loose, but turning the bass control down works wonders. I'd like to be able to get the seaker up off the ground for better tone, that is the one down side for me, can't easily tilt back like a combo.

As far as volume goes, I never have any trouble being heard over out drummer. The open back cab seems to spread the sound well and fill the room nicely. If you want something that projects more you may need to look at somthing like the vertical recto 2x12.

I'd still like to get a 3/4 1x12 or maybe a Stiletto 2x12 to give me more options. The C90 has less punch in the mids than a V30, but the good news is you can turn up the mids to get more agressive crunch tones.

Latest posts

Back