Anyone use a hotplate on their rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarroldj

Reaction score
New to the forum, long time reader, first time poster. :)

I was thinking about getting one for my Triple Rec, anyone use one and how do you like it?

There have been a lot of posts about this I'd just do a search on the forum you'll find plenty of info.

I have a THD Hotplate and I use it quite a bit - mostly at home so I can use my amps without pissing off the neighbors. The more you use them to attenuate the amp the more they suck tone. This goes for all attenuators.

Ideally you probably want to get a lower wattage amp but if that's not a viable option you might want to get an attenuator.

well the thing i was wondering was about getting max tube saturation without killing people. I dont really have to worry about the volume as my band has a practice space with a pa, i was more concerned about my tone. Im still working on getting "my" tone and im trying to get the most tub sag as possible, i was just wondering if anyone else was using the hot plate with their Rec to get that sound and how do they like it.

I use mine with my Stiletto and I've found that it attenuates well up to -12db and anything more than that sucks too much tone. So it's good to help manage the output of the amp... but extreme settings sound like ***.

i use mine with my roadster and 2x12 cab, i still crank it but at least i get the tone that i paid 2600 bucks for without having to be playing a gig. the deep and bright switches help a lot with the tone loss. right now im using it at -8 or -4 db, both switches on, and i crank the output pretty much all the way and then use the masters to balance. if you have the cash i'd get it, it doesn't solve all problems but its a pretty useful tool because you can tweak your amp without destroying your ears.

i use one with my DR, both in the rehearsal studio and live.

i try my best to keep it at -4dB, but if i can get away from not attenuating i do. my last gig i was able to keep it at 0.

at rehearsal i have it at -8dB. my rhythm channel volume is at 11:30 and the master volume is at 12:00 (IMO sweet spot).

Latest posts

Back