Anyone try a NEO type Speaker in Mark IV Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelo

Reaction score
I have a Mark IV small combo with the EV. The combo with EV is good for me. However, the amp comes alive through a 2X12 Recto.

So, I am curious about the NEO type speakers. I once tried the C90 but took it right back out as I preferred the EV.

How much weight did the NEO type speaker cut? How was the sound in comparison to an EV?

If it matters, I don't play metal. I actually enjoy the Mark IV for Blues / Roots / Rock type music.... go figure.

Well, to reply to my own post .... :D

It looks like Jensen NEO is about 14.4 LBS lighter. There is the NEO 12 100 and the Tornado. Any one try these?

The Celestion Century neo type speaker is only 60 watts. They have the G12T "hot 100" at 11 lbs lighter, but I don't know anything about that - probably sounds like the V90 I had in there already.

So, looks like only the Jensen choices as options

Well, FWIW, I had a Lonestar Classic, and put a Celestion Neo 80 watt in it and blew it up the first gig. And it lacked bottom end. It sure did cut the weight, but never again. The G12 T-100 "Hot" 100 is not a Neo (10 lbs), sounds great in my Mark III, has lively not screechy highs and nice bottom, maybe not as much as the EVM 12L, but pretty good for a Celestion and beaucoup better than the stock C-90 (Yecch!) My $.02 :D

thanks for the info. I was crossing the Celestion off the list and you just helped put that one to bed.

The Jensen looks interesting but has far less highs than the EV (on the spec sheet anyway).
The Eminence Tonkerlite or Lil Texas also seem interesting.

If I can find which one is closer to the EV, I'll give it a shot. At the price where they are, I could give it a shot and not take too much of a bath in selling. I just don't want to have to go through all three!!!!

I asked Eminence straight up - "Is there a Neo version of the Delta Pro 12A?"

Their response was the Deltalite II 2512.

http://www.eminence.com/proaudio_speaker_detail.asp?web_detail_link=DELTALITE-II2512&speaker_size=12&SUB_CAT_ID=3

I always wanted to try the regular Celestion Century. It is essentially a CL80 with a neo magnet. If you ran a 1x12 LSC with one of those then I guess you run the risk of blowing it.

phyrexia said:
I asked Eminence straight up - "Is there a Neo version of the Delta Pro 12A?"

Their response was the Deltalite II 2512.

http://www.eminence.com/proaudio_speaker_detail.asp?web_detail_link=DELTALITE-II2512&speaker_size=12&SUB_CAT_ID=3

I always wanted to try the regular Celestion Century. It is essentially a CL80 with a neo magnet. If you ran a 1x12 LSC with one of those then I guess you run the risk of blowing it.
May have to try this Eminence... looks interesting. :D

Latest posts

Back