Anyone Running MXR Carbon Copy in Mark V Effects Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lef T

Reaction score
I'd like to get a Carbon Copy to run in my Mark V loop.
Anyone doing this without any problems?
Thanks.

I've been using the carbon copy for a couple of years without any issues at all. It's a good pedal if you like the analog sound.

SamuelJ86 said:
I've been using the carbon copy for a couple of years without any issues at all. It's a good pedal if you like the analog sound.

Thanks for replying.
I like the sound of the Carbon Copy,but wasn't sure if it had enough headroom to work properly in the loop.
Where do you have the send level set on the loop?
12 o'clock?
No volume or tone changes to dry signal with pedal on or off?

doublescale1 said:
I've got a Carbon Copy running in the loop of my MV:35 w/no issues, just nice delay.

Thanks,
It's a toss up now between a Carbon Copy and the new Dunlop Echoplex delay.
I'm waiting for my local store to get the Dunlop in so I can test it out.

I have 2 carbon copys (not the new bright model) in the loop. Works great. I like that it is not bright. I have a digital delay that I tried when I first got the Mark V and to me it sounded like way too much. The brightness of the pedal made it stand out too much for my taste. The darker sound of the original carbon copy fills but doesn't broadcast... Hey look I'm using a digital delay!!

Carbon Copy (Dark Green pedal) IMO best I have used.

OldTelecasterMan said:
I have 2 carbon copys (not the new bright model) in the loop. Works great. I like that it is not bright. I have a digital delay that I tried when I first got the Mark V and to me it sounded like way too much. The brightness of the pedal made it stand out too much for my taste. The darker sound of the original carbon copy fills but doesn't broadcast... Hey look I'm using a digital delay!!

Carbon Copy (Dark Green pedal) IMO best I have used.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm an old Telecaster man also.
What you have described is exactly what I want.
Fills in,sits back.
I was considering the new Dunlop Echoplex,but am going to get the regular Carbon Copy.
I prefer its sound.
Thanks everyone for the input.

I also use the Strymon BlueSky Reverb. Very cool...You can store 1 setting and then set the pedal for your second sound and switch between them.

https://youtu.be/YMKaew8clus

OldTelecasterMan said:
I also use the Strymon BlueSky Reverb. Very cool...You can store 1 setting and then set the pedal for your second sound and switch between them.

https://youtu.be/YMKaew8clus

I'm using a Neunaber Mono Wet V4.
I have the amp reverb set very subtle and then when I need a little more reverb,I can switch to the Neunaber.

Latest posts

Back