Anyone put tiltback legs on a Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the amp stands in musiciansfriend. It wouldn't be difficult to screw two fender legs on a Mesa. But you should find some that don't say Fender! :-J

crate's v212 amp had tiltback legs, a little different looking than the fender ones, but no logo. you may be able to find those.
I think the easier solution would be to buy a tiltback amp stand, and then you wouldn't be drilling into the side of you nice mesa.

I have an amp stand, as well. If you go that route, make sure that you get one that will support the weight of your amp.

Instead of drilling into your present combo cabinet, see if anyone has a Mesa Boogie "Kickstand" for sale. It was a one tube with a hook/latch that the cab top edge rested on (placed in the middle of the back) and the other end has a rubber end(non slip). It's also "telescoping" so you can tilt your combo back at any angle you wanted.
I thought it was a cool idea that apparently Mesa doesnt sell anymore.Hell,a call to them might be worth your time as well. I called once recently asking if they had the plastic corner protectors for a "80's" 4x12 cab..and I'll be ****,they had them.

To support the weight of my Road King Combo, and for flat, low profile storage, I got a gruven amp stand. I also use their guitar stands (the steel ones). go to www.gruven-stands.com

RB

Red Barchetta said:
To support the weight of my Road King Combo, and for flat, low profile storage, I got a gruven amp stand. I also use their guitar stands (the steel ones). go to www.gruven-stands.com

RB

I think these would be a better choice than the kind that get it 2 ft. off the ground. I think with my 112 it loses to much bottom when off the floor.

I recently saw an ad for a stand that lets you lean your amp back on it but it still touches the floor. Cant remember what it is though.

I also thought about making something that could attach to the metal bar that goes across the back.

mikeyp said:
I recently saw an ad for a stand that lets you lean your amp back on it but it still touches the floor. Cant remember what it is though.

I also thought about making something that could attach to the metal bar that goes across the back.

Is this what you are thinking about:
http://www.ampwedge.com/

On the way home I have a revised idea, small pipe with mounting bracket on the inside with short screws. However the issue would be having it tilt back far enough to not lean forward. Hmmm

What Red Barchetta showed you in that link looks perfect for your needs...keeps the amp on the floor and lets it give upper projection to your ears.... a bit more sturdy than the Mesa Kickstand I was talking about.
Good find R.B. !

I've thought about getting one of these, it's not really a stand but it's kind of cool, tilt back, idea........ a little pricey, but cool. http://www.smithsoundproducts.com/enhancer.htm

Currently I'm using a wooden box that a friend's father built for me a few years ago and I painted it with some black truck bed liner and put some dummy speaker grills on it. You would be surprised on how many people comment about how much the extra speakers add to my tone :lol:

...added bonus - you can leave the casters on. Can't do that with a tilt back, can you?

I know it says it can hold 200 lbs, but that thing really doesn't look like you'd wanna sneeze anywhere near it while your $1700 amp is sitting on it...

Cheez said:
I know it says it can hold 200 lbs, but that thing really doesn't look like you'd wanna sneeze anywhere near it while your $1700 amp is sitting on it...
That's the same impression I got. It looks really weak.

I'm telling you all...I have used this stand for 2+ years now, heavy gigging with a HEAVY Road King Combo...it has never bent, quivered, shook, or failed. Don't judge it by the picture. The steel it is made of is thick...almost a full 1/4 inch...and if you know steel...that's strong stuff.

I would never recommend anything on this board that I wouldn't use myself. I believe I have a good reputation for good advice. Why ruin that.

Strummin Six...if you buy one, and don't like it, I'LL BUY IT BACK FROM YOU.

Money where your mouth is, baby.

RB

Back