Anyone put tiltback legs on a Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a thing called the Standback. It is kinda like the 'kickstand" mentioned above, but it is made of some kind of plastic the snaps into a triangle, with a strap for support with a little rubber pad that goes under the amp then you tilt it back. I used one for a while but it's not quite strong enuff for the LSC. I think they have a site www.standback.com but I'm not sure. It worked for a while on my amp, but one nite I must have done something wrong and the platic kinda gave way and the amp fell back against the wall on stage. Glad it was on the backline.

Standback site not working, I'll check into other possible URL. BTW you can't use the casters with this set up. Anyway I ended up getting an Ampwedge. I had a stand similar to the Carvin deal, but it put the amp up too high.

Red Barchetta said:
I'm telling you all...get the Gruven...you won't be sorry...AND you can leave your casters on. It is very strong...and folds flat.

RB

No casters here. Do you know how high up the back goes?
I've got a LSC and have knobs and an open back.

Thanks!

Wait, got some more information.....

The back of the Gruven goes up ~ 15.5" from bottom where then amp sits.
The LSC has a support from ~ 14.5" > ~16.125" between the tubes and rear controls.

Seems like a match! Ordered it. RB may have 2 if I don't like it :lol:

Gave this some thought this past week and decided I didn't like my current stand which was pretty much useless because the amp lost all it's bottom end being raised off the floor. It was identical to this one, http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=MA12 except I got mine from GC for $30. So I simply removed the extension arms and used the A frame base to lean the amp back on, thus keeping it bass coupled to the floor. The only problem with that was I didn't want the stand scratching up the amp so I went to Home Depot and picked up some 3/4" wide by 1/2" thick high density weather stripping and applied it to the face of the A frame legs and voila, behold the perfect A frame to lean the amp back on. Now the amp is on the floor where it's very safe, no longer is the amp firing at my ankles and the change in the bass output is quite dramatic from when it was raised off the floor. It also has the added advantage of being useable with virtually any combo, 1-12 or 2-12 cab.

Strumminsix,

I've been using the standback with my LSC.
http://ampstandback.com/

It's inexpensive, folds up into my gig bag, is easy to setup and allows a couple of different angles.

The only negative is that I have to remove the casters.

Follow-up post....

After almost a year, the Gruven amp stand has performed flawlessly and was a great purchase! Thanks again for the advice!

strumminsix said:
Follow-up post....

After almost a year, the Gruven amp stand has performed flawlessly and was a great purchase! Thanks again for the advice!

Strummin....I'm really happy you like the stand...It makes me feel good when I can give advice, have the person TAKE that advice, and then it works out!!! That way, I don't look like a goofball.

RB

quik lok make a good stand the amp is only about six inch's off the floor and you can tilt it back as much as you want its made for heavy combo's i use one for my lss 2x12 about fithty bucks

Back