Anyone play out of a Peavey Butcher?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphie19

Reaction score
I am in the market for one for the raw tone. Just wondering if anyone experienced the sound and what not. I have read a ton of reviews and heard only good things.

I know this is a Mesa Board and its not a Triple Rec but for my skill its what I need! haha

They are what they are. Guys was selling one locally and I went and test-drove it. They're INCREDIBLY loud and stay pretty clean loud if you want. It's a pretty rude-sounding rock amp. If you're into the Sonic Youth kinda thing, it could make you pretty happy, or maybe Motorhead. But you're not going to get any "good tone" out of one, and they don't really have a decent metal sound if that's what you're after.

Seriously, though, I played this one for about 15 minutes and realized that it would be too loud for the rehearsal or stage volume of probably 3/4 of all the bands I have ever played with.

Guys don't like them because they actually sound good compared to, y'know, good amps, they sound good for the 400 bucks you pay for one.

Latest posts

Back