Anyone own or tried the Stiletto Ace yet???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny how most refer to the british el 34's sound as a billy gibbons sound when in fact they were 6l6 tubes that recorded most of those classic zz top tones prior to eliminator and so on. I can get a better billy tone from my lonestar classic then a stilleto but I am very hot on the ace. In fact its a super amp that I would not want any verb on. Most dirty tones sound best that way for me but verb is great on clean tones. I have a carr slant 6v and the verb is on clean only, not the dirty side. Steve carr in fact explained to me the same reason that old dirty amp or amps that get that old marshall tones didnt have verb. Maybe a echoplex or something but not verb

By the way I tried the roadking two and its killer but I will say dont think its a lonestar classic clean channel because its like it but not as good. Better than before though and the brit sounds awesome but I rather have a classic and an ace as I think the tones are superior seperated

Back