Anyone listen to the Mesa 1x10 Express cabinet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmiller9999

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Mesa 1x10 cabinet for use as a mini-stack with my MK IV and Mesa 1x12 open back cab. I will also use it individually at times. It seems like this cab is underused around here (or maybe it's new.)

I play rock, blues and jazz - nothing metallish at all - and just need a little more flexibility. Any opinions on usable tones at moderate to low volume, speaker quality or tone?

Thanks in advance.....Ed

I just picked one up to use with a Heartbreaker Combo. Haven't heard much about them either. I'll post some feedback once I get a feel for it. I certainly don't know much about the Eminence E50 speaker but am willing to keep an open mind. Celestion has quite a few nice 10" speakers to offer if the E50 doesn't make the cut.

talltxguy said:
I just picked one up to use with a Heartbreaker Combo. Haven't heard much about them either. I'll post some feedback once I get a feel for it. I certainly don't know much about the Eminence E50 speaker but am willing to keep an open mind. Celestion has quite a few nice 10" speakers to offer if the E50 doesn't make the cut.
Please do post feedback. I often think about trying a 10" speaker.

I'm impressed with the cabinet and think it can hold its own. I've been using the Tweaker and the 1X10 Express cab for blues, rock, and funk with no problems whatsoever. The bass does get a bit choked when using very loud clean settings, so I may investigate a few other 10" speakers to see if it's just the E50 or if that's the nature of 10" speakers.

Back