Anyone here using Groove Tube EL34 or 6L6?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondschwin

Reaction score
Seeing as according to the post up top we know which tubes fall into the right bias range for the mesa boogies, I was wondering whos using them and how do they sound? I had a friend of mine who works at a guitar store tell me they "blow up amps" and said hell get me some winged Cs... but I think thats BS plus I want to use tubes I know are correct for my amp in their bias range and that Mesa somewhat condones the use of.

That is BS that the GT's blow up amps. GT buys tubes from "c", Svetlana, JJ, Shuguang, and they "make their own" as well. Use any GT tubes with a #4 to #7 rating and you'll be fine. The difference in manufacturer is drastic, I'd start with the 6L6-S they are JJ's and have a nice low end and tight punch. Experiment, that's how your really going to know what your looking for.

i have tried alot of different 6l6 tubes in my mk 4 including groove tubes
that
were very good for the sound i wanted but my favourites are the jj tesla
that give you a tight full sound, another decent valve in my opinion if you want more distortion at a bit of alower volume is the electroharmonix

sweet, basically i bouught a quad of number 5 EL34 M tubes and wanted to slap them in the stiletto, they are a recreation of the Mullard XF2 getter style tube and thought theyd be killer! my stiletto came with yellow grade which is the same as number 5 so i thought theyd be safe as hell, plus i just got an email from groove tubes telling me the 8th pin they have on their tubes is not connected and helps keep them solidly put, sounds like a stand up company to me... should be sweet, thanks for the help

diamondschwin said:
sweet, basically i bouught a quad of number 5 EL34 M tubes and wanted to slap them in the stiletto, they are a recreation of the Mullard XF2 getter style tube and thought theyd be killer! my stiletto came with yellow grade which is the same as number 5 so i thought theyd be safe as hell, plus i just got an email from groove tubes telling me the 8th pin they have on their tubes is not connected and helps keep them solidly put, sounds like a stand up company to me... should be sweet, thanks for the help

Ahhh.. you didn't metion you had a Stiletto... Call bob @eurotubes and ask him for a set of KT-88's for that bad boy!

Guitarzan said:
diamondschwin said:

Ahhh.. you didn't metion you had a Stiletto... Call bob @eurotubes and ask him for a set of KT-88's for that bad boy!

i played a mark series with kt 77s and some marshalls with kt 88s, and they didnt blow me away. PLUS i already own these tubes so dont make me GAS! ill consider them next time i need a retube, i need to retube my rivera pretty soon, it needs smoother highs and a more extended low end... maybe some kt 88s in that!

Latest posts

Back