Anyone here ever have LDR Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamera

Reaction score
Anyone here ever have LDR Problems? If so, did you have a local tech fix it/them or if you sent your amp back to Mesa Boogie, about how much did the repair cost?

I had 3 LDRs replaced on my MKIII head ...that, a couple of resistors, and a few traces repaired (courtesy of the prev owner's hack-job handiwork) and she was as good as new. The tab was ~ $100 at the Hollywood Mesa store ...best C-note I ever spent IMHO as she sounds absolutely glorious and has been rock-solid reliable since!! (for about 8 months now).

Edward

a brand 'new' re-born amp for $100 is awesome!.... my only problem is that I am in Florida so I will have to deal with shipping costs both ways...

What symptoms did you have with your amp?

Symptoms, just one:

My Lead channel had no OD. It was as if it were a duplicated clean channel, and the Lead Drive had no effect whatever. I got some info from guys here, and so took a good look into the PCB. Found one of the Lead ch LDRs (that was easily accessible, anyhow) had a leg that was "repaired" (remember I mentioned the prev owner's hack job). I simply re-touched up that one solder joint and I get about 60% OD back into the Lead channel. Better, and of course confirmed that I needed to replace more than one. But it was at that point that I decided that the PCB needed some professional attention.

And yeah, it was an easy $100 bucks to spend given that the other LDRs looked like a pain to get to. Not to mention that the tech repaired some botched-up traces. Needless to say, I was pleased!!

Shipping from Fla to Petaluma won't be too bad ...maybe $45 UPS Ground. Just remove tubes and pack it (chassis only) up really well. Or see if you can find a Mesa-tech closer by??

Edward

Back