Anyone have the Mesa Transatlantic 1x10 cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmontgomery

Reaction score
Like the title says. Anyone using Mesas 1x10 cab? If so, how do you like it? Is it a good fit for the TA15?

Why would any Transatlantic owners buy the 1x10? With an amp like that, I'd rather have a 12" or pair of 12" speakers for the increased low end response.

I have both a 1x12 widebody open back and the widebody closed back ported cab. I think the TA15 sounds better with the closed back. I'm just curious about the 1x10 as it would make a very light weight grab and go setup.

I have 12" open and closed back Mesa cabs that I use with my Mark IV and, like you, considered getting a Mesa 1 X 10 to use with my TA-15 so I could save some weight and space on smaller gigs. Instead, however, I bought a DV Mark Mini 12 cab which weighs much less (12 lbs), has better power-handling (150 watts), and even has more compact dimensions than the Mesa 1 X 10. I'm very happy with the TA-15/DV Mark combination.

Latest posts

Back