Anyone find their Triaxis a little harsh? (Dsonic pickups)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3dlined

Reaction score
I am temped to put my SS back in my JPMM to see if it helps. I dropped a Dsonic in here for my Dual Rec but Im not using that anymore. Seems the Triaxis is border lined harsh though it still sounds SWEET. Anyone used a little EQ to take out some of the harsh frequency's?

i dont have a d-sonic but i i have a dragon pickup in my PRS guitar.....I use a 20/20 power amp and yes I dial out the treble all the time......in fact it's not uncommon for some of my sounds to have the treble on "0" and the presence on both the the triaixs and 20/20 turned way down as well. I still think the sounds I get are very lively and in your face.....check them out in the links in my signature below for samples.

Hi, i've a triaxis and also a d-sonic wired in bridge position with solid bar toward the bridge. Try to decrease presence level and also treble and gain. i run the tri into a gmaj into a 2:90 and i've a 4x12 recto with 4 v30.
i'm satisfied with the sound....at this moment...... :twisted:

here is my sets more or less for rhy:

lead 2 yellow

gain 6.5 or 6
treble 6
middle 3
bass 1
ld 2 6.5
master 5
presence 1 or 0
dyn v. 7 or 8

output a/b at 5

no switch on 2:90 and all controls set to middle

bye

R3dlined said:
Nice covers man......I like that tone on the Kings x Cover....Ill have to try dumping the trebble a little and see what happens

thanks, i appreciate it!!

R3dlined said:
I am temped to put my SS back in my JPMM to see if it helps. I dropped a Dsonic in here for my Dual Rec but Im not using that anymore. Seems the Triaxis is border lined harsh though it still sounds SWEET. Anyone used a little EQ to take out some of the harsh frequency's?

Sounds like you're still using the stock Triaxis pre amp tubes. Yes? If that is the case, try some JJs or other high quality 12AX7 tubes. They will really make a world of difference.

I would try a less output pickup the Dsonic is insainly high output .Somthing quiet like a super distortion. :lol:

Latest posts

Back