Anyone else waiting on a new Mark IV???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkofXlnts

Reaction score
I ordered my Mark IV around January 28th and am still waiting. I was wondering if anyone else has one on order. Does anyone know if Mesa is producing Mark IV's right now? I was told the wait could be up to 12 weeks, so I know I may have to wait a while longer. Any comments???

I think my wait was 15 weeks total when I ordered mine new. It was a horrid wait, but well worth it!

I ordered mine last week.... and so the wait begins. I'm told the delivery time depends on where they are in production runs. My guess is that they build in batch when they get a sufficient number of orders as opposed to a set schedule.

I am waiting for my replacement Mark IV. It has been about 6 weeks so far. I ordered the first one last October and got it in January. I am expecting 12 weeks or so.

psychodave said:
I am waiting for my replacement Mark IV. It has been about 6 weeks so far. I ordered the first one last October and got it in January. I am expecting 12 weeks or so.
What was/is wrong with the first one?

newfinator said:
psychodave said:
What was/is wrong with the first one?

Too much to write. Do a search. 8)

newfinator said:
I ordered mine last week.... and so the wait begins. I'm told the delivery time depends on where they are in production runs. My guess is that they build in batch when they get a sufficient number of orders as opposed to a set schedule.

Mesa builds in batches. They may only produce one or two models at a time. With this system, the orders can come in prior to production and they will give them an idea of how many units to produce. They probably order every component 30 to 45 days before the run so there is no need to stock massive quantities of everything. This way, they have little to no overstock of anything. It's a good business model, but it really hurts when you have to wait five months for a new Road King like I did when the circuit board was back ordered. It was however worth the wait.

I feel bad for you guy's. If anyone is near NY. There are 2 brand new IV's at the house of guitars here in rochester. 1 wide combo and 1 medium head. If anyone is interested I could hook you up with them and they could ship it! The owner is a great guy and they sell to a lot of national acts.

I'm actually getting mine back next week but I don't know what to think since Mesa said they tested it and found "no faults" but replaced the tubes anyway. I can't see them letting it go through QC twice with it having a problem but I'll see soon.

Mine had a RHY 1 channel that was extremely low.

Let me know what happens for the others that sent theirs back.

Thanks

Kris

I ordered mine at the end of January. I think I paid $1899 for the head, and $179 extra for cream tolex and a tan grille (to match my Mark I head). Based on what I have read here and elsewhere, I am expecting mine in no less than 12 weeks (maybe 15).

The bad news : I paid £1800 for my MKIV medium head here in the UK !!!! :shock:
The good news : I got it in less than 48 hours ! :D

I think you have to order from a dealer, I am not sure if they take orders any other way. I have ordered small parts and covers direct from them before, but I don't know if they take orders for amps. My guess would be no.

Latest posts

Back