Anyone else here watching the cluster over at the Axe Fx

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a Axe II last week, get it Wednesday. Still say they make great products even though they have bad attitudes towards their customers. One day, probably sooner than later, they will have competition on their *** so hope they eventually learn to always treat paying customers with respect. Maybe once all the frenzy about the Axe II dies down alittle allowing them to breath, it will be better.

The guy comes off like a real d**k.
all he had to say was "we're sorry, we're going as fast as we can. thanks for your interest"... etc..

i will *never* own/use one of those things.... ever. not if they give it to me. not if they pay me to take it.

boogiemon said:
The guy comes off like a real d**k.
all he had to say was "we're sorry, we're going as fast as we can. thanks for your interest"... etc..

i will *never* own/use one of those things.... ever. not if they give it to me. not if they pay me to take it.

:roll:

In my humble opinion, the Electra Dyne would be perfect if it had a tube rectifier/diode switch and a bold/spongy switch. If I purchased a new Dyne, which I may indeed do in the not too distant future, and then Mesa released a Dyne II with a tube rectifier/diode switch and a bold/spongy switch, then I would promptly sell my ED and get the II. And I wouldn't have a problem getting a lot of money for my original ED because it's still a great amp! There are a lot of Mesa folks who don't give a crap about tube rectifiers & spongy voltages.

I think the AXE people are upset that they lost some $ in resale, but I think their pride got hurt as well. They no longer have the "greatest" piece of gear anymore. :lol:

My Dyne II would not be better than the original Dyne, just different. I suspect the AXE II is not only different from the original AXE but also better. That is the nature of technology. I guess it's not so bad to be addicted to the sound of ancient technology. 8)

I played a Electra Dyne combo in the store right before buying a Mark V head. The Dyne sounded awsome and hope to own a head version one day. Many people still do not buy into the Axe Fx thing and I didn't till I gave it a chance, I do cheat a little by using a Engl tube power amp and it is amazing if you can clear your mind to give it a chance. I will always also own a tube amp or two just because it feels like I should but do play the Axe Fx more than anything. Its funny, I found the fractal guys to be kinda rude to me again when I just bought this Axe II, competition has got to be coming around soon so they better straighten up the attitudes towards paying customers. And thank God this forum is not run like the Fractal forum, the boogieboard forum is like a breath of fresh air!

Back