Anyone clean their fan?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today and I suppose it all depends on where your amps lives etc. But has anyone had to pull their fan out to clean it and if so how did you do it?

My fans are pretty clean. Sometimes after gigs, if I'm too drunk, my fans drive me home. I've had a few of them shower after I was done with them so I think they were pretty clean. :lol:

Once in a while I will use compressed air. At times if and when I end up swapping preamp tubes I will notice some aluminum dust on the circuit board around the preamp sockets (not really an issue with the V as the tubes hang below the amp chassis unless I am doing a tube roll with the amp chassis inverted). Not just the Mark V but the Roadster or RA100 will get some cleaning with compressed air to remove the aluminum dust caused by the tube shields, so everything gets a shot of air including the cabinet (try not to hit the speaker cone on a combo amp).

Outer ledge on outside of cabinet in front of speaker grill and the grill itself I will use vacuum with a soft brush head to clean dust that may have accumulated if the amp was not covered when not in use for some time).

Latest posts

Back