anyone cascading two seperate preamps together?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheycaster

Reaction score
I have a Triaxis and a brand new NOS Studio Preamp and a GCX switching set up and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried running the Triaxis into the Studio Preamp or vice versa?? If so how does it sound and work???

Its a nice trick for tube generated fuzz-style distortion but not much else. Similar to preamp distortion going into power tube distortion, but without the power tubes distortion reaction.

When I run my Supercharger GTO distortion into the front of a SLO-100 Crunch I get a super fuzzy tube distortion. Its really fun as a neck pickup fat high gain blues tone, but not really useful for anything else. Combining the SLO-100 Overdrive with the GTO gets a weird "canceling out" effect. Not really practical for rhythm/lead.

Cheycaster said:
I have a Triaxis and a brand new NOS Studio Preamp and a GCX switching set up and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried running the Triaxis into the Studio Preamp or vice versa?? If so how does it sound and work???
In my experience your much better off just switching between the two. Running one into the other just results in a LOT of noise with no real sonic benefits.

Latest posts

Back