Anybody not have the eq always on with the mark 4?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
prob been discussed before..but couldnt find it.if you dont have it always on,please explain how you use it.thanks.

I used to not always have the GEQ on, primarily used it as a solo boost...BUT...after looking at the sample settings in the mark 4 manual, I decided to use the GEQ full time and insert some sort of solo boost in the loop. To my ears and experience, Mark 4 sounds killer with the GEQ on. Of course, perception of good tone is subjective, so there you have it.

If it sounds good to you and fits in with your needs, then go for what you ears are telling you, whether GEQ full-time or not.

I never use the GEQ for RH.1, very rarely for RH.2 and about half and half for the Lead channel. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with dialing some good tones sans-GEQ, that way when you DO introduce it, it's more like icing on the cake and less like the cake itself. There's some good tones to be had without using the GEQ. When I do use it, a very mild V-shape is what I usually do.

I use the GEQ depending on the song I am playing. The Mark IV is so versatile that I will get a great clean sound with no GEQ. I use R2 without the GEQ for stones style distortion. I will add the GEQ to get a little fuller sound for heavier classic rock sound (led zeppelin songs). I use the lead without the GEQ for punk or more modern rock sounds, (leads coming off of R2) and Lead with GEQ for a more metal sound (metallica, three days grace, etc.)

I can cover a lot of ground with the above which makes the Mark IV such a great versatile amp.

Best of luck, Jeff

I always set the Mark IV up without the GEQ and then switch it in as a boost or as that little extra spice you hold in reserve. I tend to use it to bring up the upper mids for a little extra cut.

Wayne

markwayne said:
I always set the Mark IV up without the GEQ and then switch it in as a boost or as that little extra spice you hold in reserve. I tend to use it to bring up the upper mids for a little extra cut.

Wayne

yup

Latest posts

Back