Anybody here have a Rocket????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you'll only be able to get a used one, spend a extra 100 or so and get an F-30.

Monsta-Tone said:
Are there any Rocket series owners here? I am interested in picking one up, but don't know anything about them.

Would it be better to get a DC or Studio instead?

I guess the Rockets aren't that popular.

If the F series are my only logical choice, I'll stick to the DC series. I like the EQ for a footswitchable Lead Boost.

I was just looking for a small Boogie that didn't cost much. I had no idea that the Rockets went for so much.

Just curious, what were you "hoping" to pay? 500-600 for an F-30 to me is a bargain. Tonally they're much more flexible than the Rocket 44 and just as portable

Monsta-Tone said:
I guess the Rockets aren't that popular.

If the F series are my only logical choice, I'll stick to the DC series. I like the EQ for a footswitchable Lead Boost.

I was just looking for a small Boogie that didn't cost much. I had no idea that the Rockets went for so much.

Every one that I find on Ebay goes for about $800. That's a few hundred more than I want to spend. If I go that route, I would just spend the extra and buy a new one.

Where can I get an F-30 for a good price?

There's one with a buy it now of $649.00 on Ebay
click on Buy
select Musical Instruments as a category
type F-30 as the search and scroll down.
(Make sure you have the F "dash" 30 as I typed it above)

I just saw one go unpurchased at 600...I was watching it trying to convince myself to buy it and then plead insanity to my wife :roll:

Monsta-Tone said:
Every one that I find on Ebay goes for about $800. That's a few hundred more than I want to spend. If I go that route, I would just spend the extra and buy a new one.

Where can I get an F-30 for a good price?

Monsta-Tone,
go to music-go-round's website. A Subway Rocket and F-30 can be found by doing a Mesa search.

I have a non-reverb subway rocket.

I haven't got much to say about it because it's broken, but it sounded great...It's defenetly worth getting :)

Thanks guys,

I have a Marshall TSL-122 for sale on Ebay right now, and wanted to spend the money on another Mesa.

I have a Mark IV Widebody head, a Rectoverb combo, and a DC-2 without the EQ that I bought on Ebay broken. I haven't received the DC yet.

I am looking for a small amp that I can lug around to small jam sessions. I will probably get another DC 2 or 3 with the EQ instead of the Rocket. I was just looking for something cheap.

Curious as to what you didn;t like about the Marshall. The TSL-122 in particular is a very nice amp.
Monsta-Tone said:
Thanks guys,

I have a Marshall TSL-122 for sale on Ebay right now, and wanted to spend the money on another Mesa.

I have a Mark IV Widebody head, a Rectoverb combo, and a DC-2 without the EQ that I bought on Ebay broken. I haven't received the DC yet.

I am looking for a small amp that I can lug around to small jam sessions. I will probably get another DC 2 or 3 with the EQ instead of the Rocket. I was just looking for something cheap.

It is a very nice amp. It's just a matter of Tone.

I think that channel 1 & 2 are incredible. Channel 3 (Lead) doesn't seem to do anything for me. It's too much like a 2205 or JCM 900. No "Open-ness" or "Breath." It sounds too thin to me.

Marshall lovers (sounds like some sick fetish doesn't it?) complain about the Rectifier amps. They say that Mesa amps sound too "Buzzy," or "Gainy." I think there are far more rich sounding & useable tones in a Rectifier than a newer Marshall.

And, I just don't need another huge amp. I would much rather have a few big & a few small amps. Right now all of my amps need to be at concert volume to attain the tones that I want.

Lastly, Quality. Boogies seem to be built much more solid. I think Marshall is not building a very solid & reliable amp anymore.

It is a nice amp though, lots of features.

Back