Any RK 2 owners here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankieVA

Reaction score
I know the clean is amazing. I have a voodoo modded Dual Rec. and a Mark IV. I'm thinking of selling the Mark for a RK. I would not use any of the recording features on the RK. I'm intrigued by the new supposedly improved high gain voicing, would it be enough of a deviation from my DR to justify selling the Mark and getting one?

No no no.. the RK is a DR. Don't sell your Mark for it, sell your Dual Rec for it. The RK can do everything your DR can do now, and a hell of a lot more. If you sell your Mark for it, you'll just have two amps that do the same thing.

Also, what do you mean by "recording features"? There is no record out like the MarkIV has, just 2 FX loops.

Okay thanks guys that's all I needed to know.
I don't think I can part with my DR, it's my main amp and I love the rhythm tones I get. The clean, and lead is better on the Mark IV in my opinion.
Thanks again!!

No no no.. the RK is a DR. Don't sell your Mark for it, sell your Dual Rec for it. The RK can do everything your DR can do now, and a hell of a lot more. If you sell your Mark for it, you'll just have two amps that do the same thing.

Agreed. I own a RKI and can get "markish" tones from it. It can get close, but it isn't a MarkIV. I am fine with that.

Latest posts

Back