Any of you own two of the same amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one rack recto that is going up for sale, a tremoverb and a under 500 dual recto.

other horses in my stable, bogner XTC, Marshall JCM800 (will be gone by Monday). Mesa DC3 on ebay now and a Peavey Ultra 1x12 combo.

I also have marshall JMP-1 Pre and a ADA MP1 that i feed into a Randall 100 Watt tube power amp, not both at the same time though.

I tell you right now, running two amps in stereo, or even just running two cabs seperated like stereo sound kick a$$ when playing by yourself or in a band situation where you are the only guitarist with no PA. In a band situation with a PA then it is not needed at all.

I don't... but John Petrucci has 3 of the same amp! 8)

rack_2002.jpg

As far as I know JP uses 3 of the same amp for a reason,Im sure he runs 2 of them wet through the FX,and one dry(not effected),He used to use it in stereo,1 left hand cabs(2 4x12"),1 centre(2 4x12") and them other right hand cabs(2 4x12")

the centre 2 cabs being the dry sound,the left and right hand ones being the wet signals,

If you see he used to use 2 4x12"s back in the day,normall armour coated recto oversized cabs

Euan :D :D

barneyc4 said:
Any of you own two of the same amp? Do you have a stereo rig?
I don't have two of the same amp but I do have a W/D/W stereo rig. I use a Mark IV for the center (dry) channel and take the signal from the Slave Out into a stereo efx unit which drives a Boogie 50/50 stereo poweramp.

I'd really like to have another Maverick so I can get to that not so clean sound that channel one has without resetting.

asattwanger said:
I'd really like to have another Maverick so I can get to that not so clean sound that channel one has without resetting.

Yeah, Owning 2 of the same amp would be beneficial if you would like to either use 2 different modes on the same channel of the amp, or set the channels to different settings for more tonal versatility. I don't use different modes of my Triple, so, another 3 channel wouldn't really benefit me, that's why I'm thinking about getting something like a Stilleto Trident or a Diezel VH4 (eventually:lol:) to compliment the TR.

-AJH

I own two Dual Rectos and run them in stereo

I also own two Tremoverbs and sometimes run them in stereo.

2 DC 10's (head & combo), 2 Hearbreakers (head & combo)2 Simulclass Satellites, 2 Mk II's, 2 Egnater Tol 50 combo's, 2 Marshall Club & Country Combo's, 2 69' Twin Reverbs, 2 Blackface Bassman's (Modded), 3 Fender Satellite amps, 2 Seymour Duncan Convertibles. What can I say , I like stereo rigs! 8) 8) 8) :wink:

Latest posts

Back