Any octave pedals go up instead of down?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed the whammy will go an octave higher...

look for the octavia pedal, its a fuzzbox that goes an octave higher on certain notes, the maker might have something that does it as well..

an intelligent pitchshifter might be able to get you an octave higher

I have recently got the Chicago Iron Octavian...and exact clone of the old blue Tychobrae Octavia. It has the octave up. Not pure octaving, but for the Hendrix/SRV stuff....it's the sound.

RB

The Roger Mayer octavia

He did all Jimi's pedals so he is the right man to go to.

[/quote]The Roger Mayer Octavia He did all Jimi's pedals so he is the right man to go to.
Only problem is...the newer Roger Mayer stuff is different from the older products....Mayer's original "Octavio" was copied by Tychobrae...the blue wedge shaped ones that were later used extensively by SRV.

Chigaco Iron's Octavian is an exact clone, using even N.O.S. parts of a 1974 Tychobrae Octavia...developed in cooperation with Cesar Diaz, SRV's late great guitar tech and pedal builder.

I suggest going to www.chigacoiron.com and reading the history section. It cleared up a bit of confusion for me on the whole Roger Mayer thing.

RB

Latest posts

Back