Any ESP fans out there? Vid and clips of the Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I've heard a bunch of that stuff off Mission Metallica lately, it actually sounds half decent. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I know for sure it will be better than St. Anger and the Load/Re-Load days. The best clip I've heard so far is the one for July 22 i think, had a really thrashy riff that Kirk was playing, so I have some hope!

Yea I do believe KL's would definately be better than the FX! loll

I really like ESP guitars. I would like to find an old Jake E. Lee model.

Ellero said:
Yea I've heard a bunch of that stuff off Mission Metallica lately, it actually sounds half decent. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I know for sure it will be better than St. Anger and the Load/Re-Load days. The best clip I've heard so far is the one for July 22 i think, had a really thrashy riff that Kirk was playing, so I have some hope!

Yea I do believe KL's would definately be better than the FX! loll

i dont know man im not on that whole "early metallica is the only metallica" band wagon. st anger sucked in many ways (some good riffs here and there) but the load sessions were **** good. i think people expected trash and they got hard rock and at that point opinions just shut down. load/reload has some great bluesy rock stuff and i havent heard anyone do that sound during that era like they did it.

^

For sure dude, I wasn't knocking Load or Reload, because I actually really like those albums, although, from a thrash perspective they aren't good, which is what I was getting at. I just personally like Early Metallica better than Load/Reload because I'm a thrash guy, but I still enjoy those albums. St. Anger, just wasn't up to par in any perspective, but as you said, some good riffs here and there.

Steve Morse said something interesting when he joined Deep Purple: "When a band has been together for a REALLY long time 2 things can hapen: they become really good or they become terrible" I think Metallica is a band that has become something beyond terrible. It is almost like musical entities can demonstrate evolution or devolution.

Comparing old school Metallica to the new stuff is kind of like comparing 2 different bands. They have become a pretty commercial and trendy entity...that is why a lot of people bash them so heavily. I have no problem with trendiness...actually think it can be a good thing when done correctly...but Metallica seems to be failing in their attempts.

Maybe the new album will be a good one. If ANYONE can restore some of the dignity that Metallica has lost it is Rick Rubin.

Rocky said:
Steve Morse said something interesting when he joined Deep Purple: "When a band has been together for a REALLY long time 2 things can hapen: they become really good or they become terrible" I think Metallica is a band that has become something beyond terrible. It is almost like musical entities can demonstrate evolution or devolution.

Comparing old school Metallica to the new stuff is kind of like comparing 2 different bands. They have become a pretty commercial and trendy entity...that is why a lot of people bash them so heavily. I have no problem with trendiness...actually think it can be a good thing when done correctly...but Metallica seems to be failing in their attempts.

Maybe the new album will be a good one. If ANYONE can restore some of the dignity that Metallica has lost it is Rick Rubin.

well what do you consider new and what do you consider old? at this point load and reload are 12 and 11 years old respectively which isnt exactly new. and even those albums i wouldnt consider trendy, they were solid, well written bluesy albums. i agree with you its like listening to two different bands but they have always written solid metal/hard rock songs up until st anger. i think everyone is going to be very suprised by this new one.

and as for them degressing, if you just look at st anger i would say maybe but they're amazing live and everything up to st anger was solid. i think the problem is fanboys and your diehard listeners (and im not referring to anyone here) expect replications of what they love. i think theres only so many things you can do with one sound and the same formula... look at bands like the beatles and floyd. you can even say they sounded like 3 or 4 different bands through the scope of their career. were there flops in there? sure... but no one ever accuse them of selling out or being trendy.

When they came out with short hair and eye makeup they were being trendy and that can easily be called a sell out moment. Having said that I thought it was cool that they didnt look like car wash attendants anymore.

I sort of think up to the Black album as being old...after that they took a bit of a turn. I actually like the Black album a lot.

I consider Load and Reload as weak..St ANger would go on my list of all time worst albums of all time. I think the new Britney Spears is a better album.

Rocky said:
When they came out with short hair and eye makeup they were being trendy and that can easily be called a sell out moment. Having said that I thought it was cool that they didnt look like car wash attendants anymore.

I sort of think up to the Black album as being old...after that they took a bit of a turn. I actually like the Black album a lot.

I consider Load and Reload as weak..St ANger would go on my list of all time worst albums of all time. I think the new Britney Spears is a better album.

haha yeah st anger is pretty bad. i think theres some good riffs here and there but no coherent song anywhere. i guess you either like or hate the load sessions. i dig it because it was different... to me a lot more depth and a lot more soundscapes. the old stuff to me is straight forward in terms of the production and writing... the load sessions just has more going on in terms of sounds and effects and layers which i get into a lot with any band.

Latest posts

Back