Any ESP fans out there? Vid and clips of the Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
If you know me from the ESP board I am an ESP uber fan and also tallica fanboy. Anyhoo I finally got my 2 I have been waiting for and made some clips with my rack using the Triaxis and 2:90 with different settings and some G-Force in there as well ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_l8pwAm-8w

Pix
http://seanmckenna.server101.com/Custom-Exploresr.htm

But of course my friend! Congrats on the MXs...looks and sound great! I will keep an close eye on the black one..hehe;)

Sittin`right now and listing my "gear to buy 08". Got to have a real rack, so I`m really high on the Traxis. But I think I`ll start with a Echo Audiofire 12 interface, and the TC G-Force.

By the way...whats your opinion on the G-Force?

Micro!! My man! How are ya?

By far the G-Force is slammin. I had the Major and the Force and I find the FX are superior, true bypass and no tone alteration when run between pre and power amps, and so easy to set up FX with the large screen....you can visually see where your FX pedals are going...like serial....parallel and come up with so many combinations. Like this:
G-Force_routing.jpg

http://g-force.info/
I would still recommend the Triaxis though man. it is like having 8 amps in one! But the 2:90 really made it come alive. i had a 20/20 and was having major issues with low end and also my cleans breaking up when cranked at the studio. The deep, modern and 1/2 drive on the 2:90 are very useful.

Sean

Thanx for the info! Going to buy the G-Force next week and use it heavily until I get the funds up for a Mesa 4X12 rectifier and the Triaxis. Got to get a rig going...what I use now is very limited, and there is a major room for improvment..hehe:) So the Furman and the Simul-Class is on the list as well...

But...the Triaxis is definetly very high on my hitlist!

Awesome man, for sure get the 2:90 when you get the triaxis. You will love the deep, modern and 1/2 drive switches. I find them very useful, whether for presets at home and presets for when I am with the band.

Just when you get the TA and the 2:90 get ready to read the manual about 200 times and tweak and tweak and tweak and try tweaking some more LOL :) It is a tweaker but totally worth it. The mark IV mode for distortion combined with the modern and deep switches on the 2:90 are my fav.

Also a noise gate is essential, but the G-Force has one that IMO is great and does the job. With the G-force you wont need a rack tuner or noise gate. Once set properly the noise gate works perfectly as the TA can be noisey and squeal when tweaking ;)

Great! I will probably bug you with some questions here and there when I get going, cause I`m not afraid to admit it...I am a noob with this! haha:)

Have an odd Q for you now...do you know what the max voltage is on the Triaxis? Went through the technical data sheets with pics and all, but didn`t get any wiser...:-/ Reason I ask is if the Triaxis is made for international voltage use(like the G-Force unit), I can snap one way cheap of Ebay! In Norway the Triaxis go for about 6000USD new..;-/

Hey man no problem. I was an uber noob until I asked and posted enough questions. The guys at HC in Monster Rack are mad cool and helped out a lot so I finally understand how to put a rack together, where FX go, midi etc. Voltages and how they differ over seas I don't know about, but I would email boogie and ask them or call them about that.

those guitars look sick! its good to see someone from NY with sum nice esps :D its funny i always seem to see your vids on youtube :lol:

is that you in the other video with the white les paul? (linked from youtube)

Nylisk said:
is that you in the other video with the white les paul? (linked from youtube)

yeah all of them are me pretty much, but it is not a les paul, it is white Eclipse full thickness

Nice vid but I got to ask where did you order a custom MX-II. When I bought my MX-II nobody would help me out so I had to get a normal e-bay one. I like the Black one with maple neck with rosewood fretboard.

Thanks man. Yeah I have a connect I have been dealing with in Japan for a long time. So I ordered the 2 customs and waited like 8 months for em. They were two of the same specs, but different colors. Maple necks, rose wood boards, sperzels, and mahogany bodies. Obviously I don't give up my connect as I don;t want to blow up my spot and not be able to order them anymore. Do research on the net and send out a flurry of emails until you find one that will order you one. That is what I did. :)

I understand, thanks for the explanation. those are the exact specs I want. Nice Guitars!

I got me a nice ESP - EX 260 and 400.

400 in white and 260 in black. Love those guitars to death. Definately will be sticking to ESP!

wow i thought i was obsessed with hetfield... i bow down to you my friend (did that make you think of the new song too?? "bow down, sell your soul to me"?)

i have been and still am itching one day for a ken lawrence explorer. doesnt have to be made by ken lawrence but that vibe, all natural wood, satin finish, nice neck inlay.... one of he nicest guitars ever

Haha, yea, he's always been a real inspiration :p is that one of thier new ones? Or was that one of the ones on Youtube from a while a go?

Yea, James' Ken Lawrence Explorers are so nice...I love the headstock, it looks sick. The closest thing that I've seen to that is the ESP FX series, but that doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the KL's.

Ellero said:
Haha, yea, he's always been a real inspiration :p is that one of thier new ones? Or was that one of the ones on Youtube from a while a go?

Yea, James' Ken Lawrence Explorers are so nice...I love the headstock, it looks sick. The closest thing that I've seen to that is the ESP FX series, but that doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the KL's.

if you listen to the promo for the mission metallica site you'll hear it and it sounds like a kick *** riff. i'm so psyched for this new album now after all the little tidbits ive heard on mission metallica. i dont know whether it will be their greatest (because some people will always see the early albums as the greatest) but it will for sure be amazing. my friend who works for guitar world heard 3 songs and told me they're back and that he hasnt heard stuff like this from them since justice

as for the fx400 i think its a nifty guitar, actually sounds **** good but it fealt cheap. i would imagine those KLs have some weight to them.

Latest posts

Back